Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Apparently you get used to it eventually? I'm good unless I drink a full bottle of Code Red at about 9 PM while on a road trip. Then I just stay up until 3:30 being mad at the roof of the car.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Yeah, you definitely get used to it. It only makes me jittery on an empty stomach. I've had to quit drinking it every day because I think it was contributing to my migraines, though.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

My dad says the coffee is actually easier for his body to process than soda or energy drinks. He says it's a more natural release of the caffeine into his system.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I'm trying to adjust to a new grocery store, but I can't find anything... leading me to wander the aisles aimlessly and buy far more cookies than I should. Because the cookie aisle is never hard to find.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I get to leave work early today! It doesn't really feel like it because I came in early.

Also I am going to the car dealer to get some sort of safety recall thing fixed. I never wanted to be this grown up.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

"Canines are certainly not uncommon, although the experience of being transformed into a hyena, cat, horse, bird or tiger has been reported on more than one occasion. Transformation into frogs, and even bees, has been reported in some instances. A 1989 case study[4] described how one individual reported a serial transformation, experiencing a change from human, to dog, to horse, and then finally cat, before returning to the reality of human existence after treatment. There are also reports of people who experienced transformation into an animal only listed as "unspecified"."

"Unspecified" sounds the worst.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

S.A.M. wrote: "Canines are certainly not uncommon, although the experience of being transformed into a hyena, cat, horse, bird or tiger has been reported on more than one occasion. Transformation into frogs, and even bees, has been reported in some instances. A 1989 case study[4] described how one individual reported a serial transformation, experiencing a change from human, to dog, to horse, and then finally cat, before returning to the reality of human existence after treatment. There are also reports of people who experienced transformation into an animal only listed as "unspecified"."

"Unspecified" sounds the worst.
I would agree. Not only is there the trauma of "I'm an animal!!!" There is also the terror of "What am I? I have wings. And hooves. Are those hooves? What sound do I make? Help, I don't actually exist!"
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Going to beg for you all to offer some prayers for me. I need to find a job, and it's not going as well as I would like. There's a job I think could be the right one that I'm interviewing for next week. Please pray for me to find the right job and get it. Thanks!
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I had a friend over today, and we were talking about random things when Bob came home. That's when I found out that he and my sister have at least one thing in common: they're both pro-nakedness. They had a discussion about it. It was funny that that was the first thing they really learned about each other. :)
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Random wrote:I had a friend over today, and we were talking about random things when Bob came home. That's when I found out that he and my sister have at least one thing in common: they're both pro-nakedness. They had a discussion about it. It was funny that that was the first thing they really learned about each other. :)
Well I should think pro-naked people would be easy to spot. You know, because they're probably walking around naked.

Also, my in-laws have some neighbors they call the Naked Neighbors because in nice weather they walk around their backyard in the buff, doing backyardy things like BBQing and watering plants. Their backyards are separated only by a small street, and my in-laws' house is higher up enough that they can see them over both their fences.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Never never never BBQ naked!
Portia

Post by Portia »

The spirit of Optimistic. is clearly telling the current crop of writers to put a mouth on it!

Today's title bar:
Optimistic. wrote:Try to make the most out of the first chance. -Optimistic.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

My dad: "I think you'd really like this movie, it has a lot of linguistics."
Me: "Oh yeah? What kind of linguistics?"
My dad: "Well, I don't know... I guess I just mean it has a lot of words..."

:3
Portia

Post by Portia »

Question on Urinary Tract Infections today. I've only ever heard Mormons talking about them, and I don't really know what it is. I never went to a gyno, myself. Is this only something that happens if you don't use prophylactics?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Portia wrote:Question on Urinary Tract Infections today. I've only ever heard Mormons talking about them, and I don't really know what it is. I never went to a gyno, myself. Is this only something that happens if you don't use prophylactics?
They can happen for a lot of reasons. I used to get them before I ever had sex, but I'm still not sure WHY I got them. I've only gotten one once from sex. One should really be more worried about yeast infections than UTIs on a honeymoon.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

UTIs are simply that, an infection of the tract coming out of your bladder. Some people are more prone to them than others, and they can have multiple causes, not all related to sex, since I had them semi-frequently when I was in elementary school. May I just say they are rather uncomfortable, and if left untreated can develop into a kidney infection (which can make you feel quite sick).
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

drinking cranberry juice can help (makes your pee more acidic, which the UTI bacteria don't like)!
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

UTIs are very common in women, especially in young, sexually active women. Basically, women have short urethras (easier for bacteria to colonize and ascend) that are much more likely to be exposed to fecal bacteria like E. coli (since they're about two inches away from the source instead of like eight inches or whatever). That's why you're supposed to wipe front-to-back after using the bathroom, to avoid introducing fecal bacteria to the urethra. Sex can kind of push bacteria in that area around and cause a little irritation, so fecal bacteria are more likely to get into the urethra and cause an infection--that's why you're supposed to pee before and after sex, to clear out any bacteria hanging around the urethra.

Anyway, UTIs are pretty uncommon in healthy men, but they're one of the most common infections in healthy women for reasons mentioned above. It's generally a pretty mild infection, causing some burning/discomfort on urination. When people talk about prophylaxis for UTIs, they're actually talking about taking pre-emptive antibiotics to prevent infection, not using condoms. The only people who are usually on antibiotic prophylaxis are people with recurring UTIs; most women get them occasionally but not enough to warrant being on constant antibiotics.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Hmm. This was interesting. And as to sexual problems that I have only heard non-Mormons talking about, does anyone have an opinion on the HPV vaccine? I know what it stands for and that it is linked to cervical cancer, but I don't really know who's at risk.