Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Violet

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Violet »

I mean, I got it, but I was a minor and didn't really have any reason to have an opinion at that point. As far as I can tell, it's geared toward young women (up to 25 or 26 I think?) because they're at a more—volatile? varied? something like that?—stage in their sexual encounters. I also remember reading something about condoms not preventing HPV entirely (something more like 75-80 percent?) because it's any skin contact. I know most people contract some strain of HPV at some point in their life (warts on fingers and such) and a high number contract genital HPV, but it's unlikely for a person to contract all the strains in the vaccine so it's recommended to most women.

I'm assuming you were looking for more risk information than a lot of women contract genital HPV, but what else are you looking at risk wise?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Best idea I ever had: putting my apartment key on a ponytail holder--I can put the key in my hair when I run (my shorts don't have pockets) and I always have a spare ponytail in case of emergencies.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

!!! That's a great idea!

It's that time of year again where I want to try jogging. If I do (we'll see...) then maybe I'll try that. Such a good idea.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

There's a duct tape festival in Avon, Ohio every year on Father's Day weekend, and I really really wanted to go this year. Due to financial poop, I couldn't go. :P I'm a member (and a founder) of various duct tape groups on facebook, and some of the other tapers got to go, and now they're posting pictures of the festival and I am SO. DARN. JEALOUS.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally M. wrote:Best idea I ever had: putting my apartment key on a ponytail holder--I can put the key in my hair when I run (my shorts don't have pockets) and I always have a spare ponytail in case of emergencies.
I've been worried about how I can keep from loosing my key when I move into an apartment complex that has keys. Thanks for the brilliant solution! :-)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Portia wrote:Hmm. This was interesting. And as to sexual problems that I have only heard non-Mormons talking about, does anyone have an opinion on the HPV vaccine? I know what it stands for and that it is linked to cervical cancer, but I don't really know who's at risk.

I got it, actually ended up possibly being exposed to HPV, but I'm good. No idea if the vaccine had anything to do with that, but it's comforting to have had it versus not. But I'm a huge supporter of vaccines in general.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Congrats on the advancement to official writership, Squirrel and Tootles!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

So I was reading through some of my old favorite questions, and came across this one which references a "random controversy" taking place due to a question about Marshmallow Mateys. I was all, "Oh yeah, I remember that argument happening on the bb... I can't remember what we argued about, though."

I've just spent the last hour or so looking for the thread. It doesn't appear to exist. Now I'm annoyed.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:So I was reading through some of my old favorite questions, and came across this one which references a "random controversy" taking place due to a question about Marshmallow Mateys. I was all, "Oh yeah, I remember that argument happening on the bb... I can't remember what we argued about, though."

I've just spent the last hour or so looking for the thread. It doesn't appear to exist. Now I'm annoyed.
It's probably on the dead informe.com board.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Yeah, Marduk said that it may not have survived the transfer.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Tally M!!!!! Are you a writer!?!?!?!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

are you thinking of this question maybe? http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/42697/
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

also, when looking for that question, I discovered I have been spelling marshmallow wrong for some time. Also, I don't even remember writing this, but it is pretty funny http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/44198/
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

mic0 wrote:Tally M!!!!! Are you a writer!?!?!?!
Congratulations Tally! I'm so excited for you! :-)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Squirrel wrote:
mic0 wrote:Tally M!!!!! Are you a writer!?!?!?!
Congratulations Tally! I'm so excited for you! :-)
Thanks you guys :) I'm currently a probie, but...you know...it'll be an adventure to say the least.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Portia wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:So I was reading through some of my old favorite questions, and came across this one which references a "random controversy" taking place due to a question about Marshmallow Mateys. I was all, "Oh yeah, I remember that argument happening on the bb... I can't remember what we argued about, though."

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Yeah, Marduk said that it may not have survived the transfer.
Everything should have transferred over...
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Laser Jock wrote:
Portia wrote:

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Yeah, Marduk said that it may not have survived the transfer.
Everything should have transferred over...
I think some of the older stuff wasn't searchable, though. (Like, maybe it didn't get indexed?)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally M. wrote:Congrats on the advancement to official writership, Squirrel and Tootles!
Aww, thanks :-) it came as a bit of a shock, actually. I logged in one day and noticed that I had a lot more buttons that I could click. How did you find out you got accepted?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Katya wrote:
Laser Jock wrote: Everything should have transferred over...
I think some of the older stuff wasn't searchable, though. (Like, maybe it didn't get indexed?)
When my various searches turned up empty, I tried going through all of the forum's posts from that time frame. Nothing.

My only other thought is that it might have gotten deleted by an admin. Currently we simply remove objectionable threads from the main forum, but the oldest thread we've done that to was from months after the marshmallows debate took place.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Squirrel wrote:
Tally M. wrote:Congrats on the advancement to official writership, Squirrel and Tootles!
Aww, thanks :-) it came as a bit of a shock, actually. I logged in one day and noticed that I had a lot more buttons that I could click. How did you find out you got accepted?
Same as you did =P The official e-mail didn't come until a little bit after I had access.