Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Emiliana wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:Tonight I am at the home of one of my aunt's friends for the third time, and for the first time I was able to sit downstairs and participate in conversation like a normal person. Progress!
Yay for progress! (This is progress about social anxiety, yes?)
Yep. The previous two times I spent all time possible in the room I was given to sleep in. I barely came out to eat. Now, not only am I being social, but I'm also keeping up with my work, eating right, and even exercising! This is the first time I can remember being able to stick with a schedule while away from home.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Emiliana wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:Tonight I am at the home of one of my aunt's friends for the third time, and for the first time I was able to sit downstairs and participate in conversation like a normal person. Progress!
Yay for progress! (This is progress about social anxiety, yes?)
Yep. The previous two times I spent all time possible in the room I was given to sleep in. I barely came out to eat. Now, not only am I being social, but I'm also keeping up with my work, eating right, and even exercising! This is the first time I can remember being able to stick with a schedule while away from home.
That's awesome, bob.

A year ago, I was so anxious that Marx could hardly coax me out of the apartment most days. Now I have a normal life and stuff! Progress is awesome.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

And then when I moved the air mattress so I'd have room to exercise, I found a necklace I made for myself that had been missing for months! : D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

No matter how hard it is, quality communication is a much better path.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Defy V wrote:I just started a contest on my blog, and so far my dad is the only one to participate. It's kind of embarrassing, actually.
I'll go participate for you. BECAUSE I'M A CREEPY STALKER.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Defy V wrote:I just started a contest on my blog, and so far my dad is the only one to participate. It's kind of embarrassing, actually.
I'll go participate for you. BECAUSE I'M A CREEPY STALKER.
Heh. I've known about you since 2007.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I will get to it! I was geo-caching with Dad's latest set-up! (I got a very delicious shake out of it so overall I would call the date a success.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

... I think they're watching a zombie movie downstairs. Why don't I own earplugs??
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

C is for wrote:
I will get to it! I was geo-caching with Dad's latest set-up! (I got a very delicious shake out of it so overall I would call the date a success.)
Ooh! Are you guys sisters?
Portia

Post by Portia »

It's past 2 AM here and I can't sleep due to the oppressive humidity. 88% and only a few degrees above the dew point. I am missing the Western desert-style heat wave right now! Even on the hottest days of the year in SLC, you can go to the basement at night and it's pleasant.

I can't picture settling here long-term: if I think this is bad, wait til the epic winters where it pretty much never gets above freezing.

Basically ... I think I should buy a house in Denver.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Portia wrote:It's past 2 AM here and I can't sleep due to the oppressive humidity. 88% and only a few degrees above the dew point. I am missing the Western desert-style heat wave right now! Even on the hottest days of the year in SLC, you can go to the basement at night and it's pleasant.

I can't picture settling here long-term: if I think this is bad, wait til the epic winters where it pretty much never gets above freezing.

Basically ... I think I should buy a house in Denver.
I'm feeling you there. Even though it's only in the 80s, the 80% humidity makes everything feel steamy and gross. Also, it doesn't cool down at night. I'm such a desert child.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Erghablerghablergh. Ya know? Sometimes I just feel like saying something on the internet and then I immediately regret it! (Not the post here about blind obedience, so far that is just fun. Just a post on Facebook. I remember now why I rarely post on there or anywhere. It just makes me nervous? :\)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I usually feel that way about, um, everything I post. So many times I hit "submit" and then freak out. I actually usually refuse to go check on responses for several hours because I'm afraid of what they might say!
mic0

Post by mic0 »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I usually feel that way about, um, everything I post. So many times I hit "submit" and then freak out. I actually usually refuse to go check on responses for several hours because I'm afraid of what they might say!
!!!! I usually check for responses extra often and assume that the reason no one has responded yet is because (1) I said something dumb (2) I said something offensive. 9 times out of 10 when I want to say something on the internet I just type it out, look at it for a second, then don't submit at all. I'm glad (kind of) that we can understand each other's nervousness... but it's also really annoying. :P
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

haha wow, I thought I got anxious about things. I'm just really glad my grandma isn't on FB because I'm pretty sure she would offend a lot of people (and I would feel really embarrassed). She actually thinks Obama is the anti-Christ, which is a little extreme in my book.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Haha, Whistler! Yes, that might be a little extreme... although I did hear a lot of things on FB last week about satan, so maybe she would be in good company?
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I have 5 new patterns of duct tape to play with! I am quite pleased with this situation. :mrgreen:
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Whistler wrote:haha wow, I thought I got anxious about things. I'm just really glad my grandma isn't on FB because I'm pretty sure she would offend a lot of people (and I would feel really embarrassed). She actually thinks Obama is the anti-Christ, which is a little extreme in my book.
I have a book waiting to catalog whose premise is that Glen Beck is the anti-Christ, which is one I haven't heard before.
Portia

Post by Portia »

me wrote:[In 1966], President Wilkinson promised students that there would be no 'sexy, scantily dressed go-go girls' on campus.
The mental image of an old university president saying this with a straight face is the best thing.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

one of my favorite professors accepted my facebook friend request! She's so cool.