45%
I'm indifferent!
41%

Total votes: 22

Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

How do you feel about chihuahuas?

Post by Emiliana »

I feel like there aren't too many people in the middle on this one.
mic0

Re: How do you feel about chihuahuas?

Post by mic0 »

I truly am indifferent. I mean, they are funny but I wouldn't want one. And I wish they were fluffier - pets should be fluffy! :P But I don't see anything wrong with chihuahuas. One of my aunts has a chihuahua!
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

I think "hate" is a bit strong for chihuahuas for my count, but I think they're a bit stupid. The only dog I really hate is a dachshund. Mean, spiteful little things. :x
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Every other breed of dog is ranked higher than the chihuahua in my mind. That said, I did manage to sit through Beverly Hills Chihuahua and even got a few laughs from it, so they can't be all bad. Also, I used to work at Taco Bell and I have a bit of an affinity for the "Yo quiero Taco Bell" dog. That guy did good work.
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

In general, I'm not the biggest fan of little yippy dogs, but I have known a few really sweet, relatively chill chihuahuas, and sometimes they kind of remind me of baby deers and I like that.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

SmurfBlueSnuggie wrote:I think "hate" is a bit strong for chihuahuas for my count, but I think they're a bit stupid. The only dog I really hate is a dachshund. Mean, spiteful little things. :x

My dog is not mean or spiteful, thank you. He loves to snuggle and give kisses.

ETA: I should note that loves to snuggle with and give kisses to ANYONE who comes into his proximity. Everyone is a friend! And only barks when someone knocks on the door. Or in his sleep.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Y'all are just hatin cause my dog's cuter and littler than yours, that's all.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yeah, yippy little dogs annoy me.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I don't care for dogs in general, but I don't dislike chihuahuas any more than any other dog. So, I'll call that indifferent.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I don't like little yippy dogs either, and prefer dogs that are on the children-could-ride-them end of things.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Imogen wrote: My dog is not mean or spiteful, thank you. He loves to snuggle and give kisses.

ETA: I should note that loves to snuggle with and give kisses to ANYONE who comes into his proximity. Everyone is a friend! And only barks when someone knocks on the door. Or in his sleep.
Yes, well, when one is an impressionable child and is pointlessly attacked by a friend's dog that one has played with daily for several months, one tends to form strong opinions against a breed.

I've come quite a long way, actually. I was scared of all dogs for years after the experience. Then I came to love dogs, but was still irrationally scared of dachshunds. I do accept that individual dachshunds can be sweet companions, but my opinion of the breed in general is, sadly, unlikely to change any time soon. Part of this is still a slightly embarrassing fear of them... :oops:
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I will say most dogs don't attack pointlessly unless they've been raised poorly. You probably did something that freaked it out without even realizing it.

My stepmom is afraid of all dogs, but I love dogs. And cats. I don't like pets that have to be kept in cages.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Maybe chihuahuas get a bad rap because they're so territorial. Pickles gets stressed and stereotypically yappy when there are delivery people or repair people, but I don't think he's barked all day today. Mostly he sat with me and snuggled. We took him to the park and a couple of little girls came and pet him, and he luuuuuurved it. He loves the neighbors. He loves the neighbors' dogs. He loves bacon-flavored treats. Basically he's an all-around awesome, chill little buddy under nearly all circumstances ... unless you invade his territory.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Chihuahuas just aren't cute, for the most part. I think I've only met one cute chihuahua, and he was cute because 1. he was a puppy and 2. he was super fluffy for a chihuahua.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

That's all I have to say.
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG (137.02 KiB) Viewed 6510 times