Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Emiliana »

Correct. They do not have full rights, but they do have some. I've been digging around on here: http://www.firstamendmentschools.org/fr ... hfaqs.aspx for information.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Sunday after Halloween + time change + first snowfall + little boy who is on the spectrum coming to class today = longest Sunbeam's class ever. Glad that's over.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I had a plan for each of my final papers for this semester, and then there was a new plan but it involves reading more things and I don't have access to them and... maybe I should just go back to my mediocre plan instead of trying to do something slightly more relevant to certain people's research interests. >:(
Portia

Post by Portia »

Are you ready for the Worst Thing on the Internet? Here it is.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I've got to say, that is pretty terrible, but the Worst Thing on the Internet that I've read lately is probably the review of "Gravity" that said the whole movie was really about how women should not be scientists because they just mess everything up - no man would have been as dumb as Sandra Bullock's character!
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

... what are this? I'm mesmerized.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I have to study Leibniz's Law for my semantics class. All I can think of is the Board writer. #boardaddictprobs
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia

Post by Portia »

My dad made a version of that for us. It was fun. We called it Kubb.
Portia

Post by Portia »

My best friend is getting induced for her second child today. Keep her in your thoughts/prayers/belated Guy Fawkes bonfires.
Portia

Post by Portia »

My dad is dating someone and even though I want him to be happy and she's his age and has no kids I'm not ready for this help help help

ETA Going to start a separate thread.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I spend money to buy chips because I forgot to bring food to school. They taste awesome and I feel sated. Next day, I bring a sandwich and granola bars and carrots and an apple, eat them all, and feel hungry plus have mild grumpy gut. Why?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I hear that fruit (and veggies) gets your metabolism going (which is why many countries serve as salad first; to get things going so you can process dinner easier). So maybe the carrots and apple got you all excited and ready to eat and then you only gave it a sandwich following, so then it was grumpy.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

And I actually ate the sandwich first, so. I guess maybe I should bring more of that type of food to school (I try to bring mostly fruit and veg to get in five servings a day, but they just don't fill me up!)
wryness

Post by wryness »

I gave Stego Lily's response to question 75066 a thumbs-up because of the etymology. I would have given it two thumbs-up, if possible, since she used etymonline.com. I love that site.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

wryness wrote:I gave Stego Lily's response to question 75066 a thumbs-up because of the etymology. I would have given it two thumbs-up, if possible, since she used etymonline.com. I love that site.
Really? That site has let me down SO MANY times. My merriam-webster app is better.
Integrating Editor

Post by Integrating Editor »

Why would a professor actually feel justified in lecturing a class for not taking the material seriously enough after all but one of the students failed an exam? Surely the failure of practically the entire class suggests that there is something wrong with the presentation or with the test, not necessarily with the students. This is an upper-level math class with a large number of prerequisites. We're all working hard and taking the class pretty seriously, as far as I can tell. At least I have the excuse that I was in the ER the morning of the test, so I was seriously drugged up while taking it. The professor thinks I take it seriously enough and is blaming the ER for my performance. But everyone else is just a slacker. Seriously? There's no possibility he had anything to do with the dismal result?