Young-looking people

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Digit

Young-looking people

Post by Digit »

This one reminded me of a random bit of trivia I picked up somewhere. Did you know that Max Casella was 25 when he played a little boy in Newsies?
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Whistler

Re: Young-looking people

Post by Whistler »

My husband is young-looking. People usually ask him what he's studying in college (he's 8 years older than me). I think he's aging beautifully :-). For a while he had a beard and looked his age, but I got tired of kissing hair.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Baby Face, you've got the cutest little baby face ...

I have the opposite of a baby face (pretty strong jawline), but I still look younger. I think it has to do with the fact that I rarely wear makeup except for a "night out," don't style my hair, and maybe that I have large eyes and how I dress. I haven't been taken for 15 in a long while, though, thankfully. Most people think I'm about three years younger.

My boyfriend looks a lot younger, too, even though he is also strong-jawed. My grandma thought he was younger than me the first time she met him, and he was 29 at the time! Can't put my finger on that one either. Maybe because he has so few aging vices, and is in good shape, still.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

People often ask if I'm early to mid 30s.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I think I've basically always looked my age, but I have more of a high pitched voice. It's just kind of funny when people see me and I obviously look like I'm about 30 but I sound like I'm 12. :) My sister (who's nearly 33) is the same. She answered her phone the other day and they asked her if her parents were home...
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Reminds me of an experience I had this past summer.
Man: "You look like you could be my son's age."
Me: "Well, that could be a compliment or an insult depending on how old your son is."
Man: "He's 14."
Me: *makes face*
Man: "At least when you're 40 you'll look like you're 12!"
Portia

Post by Portia »

Patronizing short people is annoying. I don't think you look that young. In fact, I seem to be under the impression that you're, like, three years older than you are, because you are mature. You're short, not young-looking ... what 40-year-old looks 12? Blah.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

It didn't help that I was sitting down and wearing my workplace's shirt that everyone else I was wearing...
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I get mistaken for a student all the time at work because I'm short, have a round face, and don't wear a lot of makeup. I laugh and say that when I'm 40 I'll be thrilled that I look 10 years younger than I am....
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I'm 25. People either guess that I'm 20 or 32-ish. The 32 crowd says it's because of maturity, but I get a kick out of no one being able to guess my right age.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I'm 31 and people still ask me what grade I'm in. The answer is grade 25.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I look young (probably from acne and a roundish face), but I didn't realize I sound young until about thirty minutes ago when I got a phone call where the guy stopped himself short and asked, "Sorry, you sound very young, you're not in your 30s or 40s right?" :P Right. I'm not. It was a really polite way to get around my young sounding voice. If I *had* been in my 30s or 40s, I would have been flattered he had to double-check, so there you go.

NerdGirl, that is a great answer.
Violet

Post by Violet »

I went to a feminist mormon housewives event once and had Lisa tell me I looked "like 10".

I'm 5'8"... Then about two weeks later I was told I looked 16. I usually don't get told I look young. People usually guess right on or a little bit older, so that was super weird.