Credit Card question

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Re: Credit Card question

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Genuine Article wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:The problem with a small wallet is that I have So Many store cards that I actually use.
I keep all my cards on a key ring. I just punch a hole in the corner, slide them on, and they stay all together. My license is next to my main debit card so cashiers never need to ask for ID, and all my other IDs, passes, gift cards, and library cards fit on there as well. You just can't punch things like UTA bus passes that have chips in them.
In some states you can't punch your ID card either. A punched card in WA and OR indicates that it has expired or been revoked. I am not allowed to accept punched cards as legal identification.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Same thing in Arizona!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

And Utah, or so I'd gather from the expired and punched license of Marduk's that is for some reason sitting at my workstation.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I punch them anyway. Because I'm a rebel like that.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Just got approved for the basic Chase Freedom credit card. Thanks for your insights on this thread -- it made it seem less evil to me. I think it will help me with some of my goals, like travel, and establishing credit history to be able to finance graduate education in the future. (I still don't give a damn about mortgages.) The conditions seemed reasonable, and auto-pay sounds like the way to go.

Baby steps to adulthood!
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Good for you, Portia! If you want any tips as you start using it, let me know. I've recently become quite enthusiastic about teaching people how to wisely use credit cards.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.