Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

Here's a newspaper article about the excommunications.

Wow.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Sending an invoice for $3300 is surprisingly nerve-wracking. Not that the invoice was any trouble, but just realizing I'm asking someone else for that much money makes me panic a little. (Never mind that this is only the half down payment...)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Sending an invoice for $3300 is surprisingly nerve-wracking. Not that the invoice was any trouble, but just realizing I'm asking someone else for that much money makes me panic a little. (Never mind that this is only the half down payment...)
Good luck!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Sending an invoice for $3300 is surprisingly nerve-wracking. Not that the invoice was any trouble, but just realizing I'm asking someone else for that much money makes me panic a little. (Never mind that this is only the half down payment...)
holy bracelets!
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Just got to the 2048 tile in the Haleakala version.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Never have an overnight layover in Newark. Ever. Also, you can't sleep in the airport there...
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Like, they don't allow sleeping in the airport there or is it just terrible?

Psychologist or medical-minded peeps: Today I was reading something medical and started getting anxious and then got super dizzy and almost passed out. How in the world can that happen?? The catalyst really really seemed to just be getting too (negatively) excited about what I read. I'd love a psychosomatic explanation if one exists. (PS It was scary.)
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

Sounds super vasovagal to me, Mico! Just like fear can trigger a physical "fight or flight" response by altering autonomic nerve function, things like stress, pain, and strong emotion can also trigger physical responses (dizziness, fainting, visual changes, flushing, nausea, etc, are all part of the vasovagal response) and this is also done through altering autonomic nerve transmission. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yeah, my husband gets the vasovagal response sometimes when he feel nauseous (maybe because being nauseous makes him anxious?). It's no fun at all, especially since passing out can make him throw up. Luckily it hasn't happened for a while.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Thank you both! I'll slowly read that Wikipedia article so as not to freak my body out again. Whistler, I'm sorry that happens to your husband (but I'm also glad you and Eirene knew what I was talking about :)).
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

mic0 wrote:Like, they don't allow sleeping in the airport there or is it just terrible?
They don't allow sleeping past the checked area (mostly because it closes), and the area outside of security is super dirty and sketchy since it's in NJ...
Portia

Post by Portia »

Whistler, how's new motherhood?
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

tiring and a little overwhelming
Portia

Post by Portia »

I learned about the new Life Sciences building way back in 2008 or 2009, so it's exciting that it's finally getting off the ground.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I posted about Hobby Lobby on facebook. I knew it was probably a bad idea, but I couldn't help myself.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Emiliana wrote:I posted about Hobby Lobby on facebook. I knew it was probably a bad idea, but I couldn't help myself.
Aaaaaand this ended with me unfriending my best friend's mom, who used to be like a mom to me. I am really, really sad right now.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Oh no :( Emiliana, that's a terrible turn of events.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm sorry. Did she go into attack mode?
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Yeah...and not for the first time. She's said some really passive-aggressive things both to me and my husband over the last year or so and now she's being downright nasty. She feels like it's her God-given responsibility to correct everyone for every belief they have that's different from hers -- to the point that she might not go to her own daughter's wedding because it's not the "right" Christian denomination.

She sent me a message this morning saying, basically, I'm sorry you're upset at me but it's all your husband's fault. (For the record, it's true that my husband made a personal attack against her, but only after she had insulted my integrity and told him that he should move to China.)

So yeah, basically this is not a woman I want in my life any more. But JoJo, her daughter, has been my best friend for nearly a decade. She was very likely taking out her anger at JoJo on me, and now I'm afraid she's going to take out her anger at me on JoJo, who already has more than enough on her plate, but I am tired of making excuses for why I still let this woman have an emotional hold over me.