Work-appropriate Hair

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Work-appropriate Hair

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

So I colored the ends of my hair blue. This was supposed to be a dark blue, about an inch on the ends. It's more like three inches of aqua. Quite pretty, but not ok for work. I now need up-dos to hide the ends. My hair is a bit longer than shoulder length. I've done a french braid with the bottom tucked in, and a pony tail with all of the tail rolled up and stuck inside behind the hair tie.

Any ways to hide the end of my hair would be helpful. Quick styles are most appreciated. Thanks!
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
mic0

Re: Work-appropriate Hair

Post by mic0 »

Buns?
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

My favorite go-to style that can hide the ends is a French twist. I put my hair into it while it is still wet and it works out really well. It just takes 4 or 5 bobby pins to stay up all day. I do a really simple version and it takes 1-2 minutes to put in.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I can show you a braid I do when you come out!
Violet

Post by Violet »

Gibson tuck, rolled braids (single braid rolled up from the end and pinned kind of like a bun), etc. Basically, simple updos seem like your best bet.
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

I wear a ballerina bun a lot--the kind where you gather your hair into a ponytail and twist and twist the whole thing until it twists itself into a bun. If your hair is long-ish, I think you could hide the colored parts (or those parts would just look like a decorative hair tie or something).
Owlet
Board Writer

Post by Owlet »

Sock buns are great at hiding the ends, although I've only done it with really long hair.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Thanks so much for the help! And Tally, yes, I would love to learn a new braid!
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Heidi braids might work--two regular braids that you cross over the head and pin in place. It's my easiest fancy hairdo.
Portia

Post by Portia »

You could also get a job in Portland. ^_^
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Seeing as my job is already in Portland, I don't think that'll change things too much. XD
Portia

Post by Portia »

SmurfBlueSnuggie wrote:Seeing as my job is already in Portland, I don't think that'll change things too much. XD
I'm surprised it's that conservative of a workplace, then.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

I work at a bank. They're ok with me having blue hair. It's the amount that's a problem. And the shade. Personally, I am a bit overwhelmed by the shade. It's not the pretty sapphire color I wanted, it's more aqua.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Can you dye it darker?
beautiful, dirty, rich
SmurfBlueSnuggie

It cost 70 for this. Next time, if I keep it, I'll dye it darker. At this point, I doubt darker would satisfy my boss. But I've been trying out some of the styles suggested here and it's working. I like the French twist a lot. And the accidental backwards version that I managed to somehow create today.