Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:to the point that she might not go to her own daughter's wedding because it's not the "right" Christian denomination.
:-(
Portia

Post by Portia »

See if you can figure out the connection in this list: 19, 1985, 40, 405, 42.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Portia wrote:See if you can figure out the connection in this list: 19, 1985, 40, 405, 42.
What are various years in which many people throughout history were born, Alex?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Portia

Post by Portia »

They're songs in my Amazon library. Also, I need to write 9,000 words in the next two months. I get bogged down in research but I know I just have to put pen to paper.
Portia

Post by Portia »

New profile pic courtesy of Owlet. She had never seen me nor a photo of me -- I love it!!
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Every time I see Mormon missionaries out I feel like I should report back to you guys. They were talking to a lady on the sidewalk, but the neighborhood isn't super safe so I was glad it was day time.

Also, it was hot, and the poor kids were on bikes. IT'S 100 DEGREES!!!! Let the poor things drive a car!!
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

Imogen wrote:Every time I see Mormon missionaries out I feel like I should report back to you guys.
Thanks, I'll put it in the Master Database. :D
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I am so very looking forward to going to the gym when this effing order is finally done (tomorrow). I really, really miss the gym.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I just learned that Phenazopyridine, prescribed for UTI pain, works by turning your pee into a local anesthetic! I'm probably a big nerd for thinking that's cool.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I can understand not wanting to swear, I can understand writing characters who don't want to swear, but for the love of heaven please come up with reasonable substitutes! Using the phrase "mother father piece of shirt!" just makes me want to swear myself.

(Maybe I'm asking for it since I'm reading bad fanfic.)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Bob, having now experienced this comment three separate times, I just want to let you know, I laugh harder each time. Maybe I shouldn't but I find it hilarious that someone decided it was a good replacement.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I have been working hard to be social in my new ward, and so far it's fun. I even participated in the date auction last night (people bid candy on the date descriptions without knowing who they're with until later), and that should be fun, too. My friend and I sold two double dates--one for dinner and Mah Jongg, one for a trip to the local rock-climbing gym. And I bought a spot on a double date where we'll go see the nightly exodus of bats from under a bridge and then go get gelato. And all the menfolks involved seem like nice, fun, people, and it will help me get to know the ward better.
Portia

Post by Portia »

UffishThought wrote:I have been working hard to be social in my new ward, and so far it's fun. I even participated in the date auction last night (people bid candy on the date descriptions without knowing who they're with until later), and that should be fun, too. My friend and I sold two double dates--one for dinner and Mah Jongg, one for a trip to the local rock-climbing gym. And I bought a spot on a double date where we'll go see the nightly exodus of bats from under a bridge and then go get gelato. And all the menfolks involved seem like nice, fun, people, and it will help me get to know the ward better.
Dating auctions make me nervous, but it sounds like you really ran with it. Three cheers for hiking, gelato, and menfolk! :)
Violet

Post by Violet »

Wait, UffishThought, were you one of the people going to be in Austin? (The bats) If yes, which ward?
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Nah, I'm in AZ. I guess our bats have similar habits!
Violet

Post by Violet »

Or people have similar bat-watching habits. Maybe both.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I definitely thought of Austin when I read that, too.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I've never listened to podcasts, but I finally subscribed to one. Radio West (KUER-FM). It's enjoyable.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I have a new nemesis in Relief Society. She said that she after she read Mormon Doctrine, she knew this was the church for her.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I am legitimately into my dramaturgy professor. He is smart, cute, funny, and he has the most beautiful blue eyes. If only I could convince him to date me....
beautiful, dirty, rich