#78481 my "struggles" with opposite-sex attraction

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

#78481 my "struggles" with opposite-sex attraction

Post by Portia »

I am part of a little-understood majority. I suffer from attraction to the opposite sex, and it's not pretty.

Why would a loving God do this? Why would I be cursed to be strongly sexually attracted to a gender that, on the whole, consistently fails to understand my emotional needs, is generally sarcastic and commitment-averse, and assumes that I am not interested in their more-technical conversations because reasons?

My quest for opposite marriage is, I can only hope, a temporary fallen condition. Being a marriage-hungry straight woman has hurt my work productivity, brands me as something of a social pariah (because of course if I were more righteous I would not be single, learned that one at 17), and no doubt has caused my friends and family concern. Some nights I cling to a copy of The House of Mirth or Madame Bovary and hope that one day I will be released from the struggle, that I will wake up with no sex drive whatsoever.

A short film at the Utah Arts Festival portrayed the soothing possibilities of a lobotomy to eliminate any sexual desire at all. Join me, gay brethren, in the Brave New Post-Sexuality World!

</parody>

Um, is it any wonder that people "struggle" given the rhetoric? Sheesh ...
Concorde

Re: #78481 my "struggles" with opposite-sex attraction

Post by Concorde »

(Totally tangential, but I just got my copy of Madam Bovary in French in the mail today and I thought you would understand how excited I am to read it. Okay. Back to regularly scheduled programming).
Digit

Post by Digit »

When my grandmother was a child she got swatted with a ruler for "struggling" with left-handedness. I and my daughter are left-handed :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Concorde wrote:(Totally tangential, but I just got my copy of Madam Bovary in French in the mail today and I thought you would understand how excited I am to read it. Okay. Back to regularly scheduled programming).
Portia

Post by Portia »

Digit wrote:When my grandmother was a child she got swatted with a ruler for "struggling" with left-handedness. I and my daughter are left-handed :)
Oooooh I think this is a good analogy.