Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
vorpal blade

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by vorpal blade »

Whistler wrote:ugh, there's a guy who keeps posting about his car cleaning "business" on the community facebook page I admin... should I make a rule about how many times you can post about personal business stuff? It's getting kind of annoying.
You could do what the government does. Either charge him a fee for each day of each posting that is so high he "governs himself," or make a policy that each business type of posting will have to receive advanced approval by a governing policy board that meets twice a year and cannot make up its mind.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I made a rule that you can post about home businesses twice a month. I think it's fair.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I got a $5.00 off coupon for anything over $0.01 on eBay. I found the Dragon Compiler book 1st ed. for $4.99 with free shipping and got it for free :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Too much on my mind...I'd take a Xanax to put myself to sleep, but I did that last night, and I try not to take Xanax more than every couple of weeks. :-/
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

As a reminder, I'm named after a donut, not a battleship.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I wish I had a doughnut.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I just applied for three internships for next summer. All of them are in CA. I'm a bit terrified, mostly because I'm used to constancy (which is why I've stayed in my current apartment for so long), but also because it'd be such a massive change for me and what am I doing with my life holy cow I don't know if I can do this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:I just applied for three internships for next summer. All of them are in CA. I'm a bit terrified, mostly because I'm used to constancy (which is why I've stayed in my current apartment for so long), but also because it'd be such a massive change for me and what am I doing with my life holy cow I don't know if I can do this.
Do they help you find housing and pay you commensurate with COL in CA? I hope so! Good luck! Better to try new things when you're young than get stuck in a rut in your late twenties.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:
Tally M. wrote:I just applied for three internships for next summer. All of them are in CA. I'm a bit terrified, mostly because I'm used to constancy (which is why I've stayed in my current apartment for so long), but also because it'd be such a massive change for me and what am I doing with my life holy cow I don't know if I can do this.
Do they help you find housing and pay you commensurate with COL in CA? I hope so! Good luck! Better to try new things when you're young than get stuck in a rut in your late twenties.
Not entirely sure. I'm waiting to see if I actually get any of them first, and then compare benefits.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

So I know that the chances that I have ebola are pretty much zero, but that didn't stop me from taking my temperature three times today...
Violet

Post by Violet »

One of my friends from BYU posted that one of the infected healthcare workers lives in her apartment complex in Dallas. That's a little too close to home right now.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Someone I know from BYU lives in that complex too! Maybe the same person? Her initials are JMB.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Also, guys, we're making an offer on a house tomorrow and I am giddy. And freaked out. And I really really hope we get it because this house has a garage I want to marry.
Violet

Post by Violet »

That would be the one. I would be more surprised if it wasn't the same person, especially given your BYU background.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Genuine Article wrote:Also, guys, we're making an offer on a house tomorrow and I am giddy. And freaked out. And I really really hope we get it because this house has a garage I want to marry.
what kind of garage is this?
Genuine Article
Board Writer

It's an 800 sq. ft. two-car detached garage with a workbench, another big work table, a whole wall of pegboard, and a storage room that will make a great craft room for me. And it has an upstairs loft storage area that I can turn into a playhouse for B.A.B.Y. someday. I'm just really excited because there would be enough room for me to work on large-scale projects and I could finally build up my tool collection.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

that sounds really nice! hopefully it's still useable in the winter (space heater?)
Concorde

Post by Concorde »

I just got a second interview with a major financial firm-- but they want to fly me out to their firm for the interview. And I'm freaking out. I'm not even old enough to legally drink and I'm getting flown places for major interviews with major companies. Eep!
Amity

Post by Amity »

Your garage would be as big as my entire apartment!
mic0

Post by mic0 »

That garage sounds soooo cool. Is the rest of the house just a shed with an amazing garage attached??

Congrats, Concorde! That is is exciting! DON'T FREAK OUT!