Praying to Heavenly Mother

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Praying to Heavenly Mother

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/79478/

I started praying to Heavenly Mother a few months ago, sometimes addressing only her, sometimes addressing both deities together. The reasons for this are many and I'm really having trouble articulating, but it basically comes down to me personally finding a lot of comfort in the idea of a female god. It does feel different to me to include her in my prayers and it's a good feeling.

I won't deny it freaks out others though. We used to read scriptures every night at Marduk's house and take turns saying family prayer. Since the second time I started a prayer with "dear Heavenly Parents" it's somehow never been my turn again.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Zedability

Re: Praying to Heavenly Mother

Post by Zedability »

I had a member on my mission tell me about how her conversion came from a very personal answer from Heavenly Mother. She prayed to Heavenly Father, but it was our Mother who answered. I really think it's possible for her to be involved intimately in our lives. It's a personal aspect that's often sacred. But it's there.