Black Friday

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Whistler

Re: Black Friday

Post by Whistler »

I bought Words of Radiance (ebook) for $3.75. And a few steam games, like Redshirt. Nothing for other people though... it seems anticlimactic to give a steam gift a month before Christmas.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

I don't want to go shopping with a horde of people. I wouldn't go in a Walmart on Black Friday if you paid me $20/hr, let alone spend my own money on the experience.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I haven't even started thinking about Christmas gifts... :/ Good luck with Words of Radiance! After my dad finished the Mistborn series he kept asking about other Sanderson books and this new Way of Kings stuff so we showed it to him and he has it now, but whenever I talk to him he is like, "I don't know how I'll even read this." :P It's huge. Ebooks are the way to go on huge books.

Yarjka, true that. Thus, cyber Monday and other online sales. And visiting places that aren't Walmart and not in the morning. This year we drove by a Target on Thanksgiving and saw people lining up! It was like 5 in the afternoon on Thanksgiving. I've never seen it before, so I didn't really believe, but I guess it is true people do that.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Ha, people line up outside the Best Buy here like a week in advance.

I bought a couple things, but online. I did actually end up in walmart on Friday but it was evening and so mostly back to normal.

We have had several sales in our shop since Friday, but not a single one has been BF related (we're doing a free shipping off certain purchases, and none of the purchases have qualified).
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

The day before Christmas, that's my crowd ... go in and get whatever is left, limit your options, make your shopping easier.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm all about Cyber Monday. Got a NYTimes digital subscription, Atlantic Monthly Kindle subscription, and a couple things that weren't on sale per se (including Beethoven's Ninth tickets, w00t).
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I bought a nice jacket from Target and an office chair.
Violet

Post by Violet »

I think the headphones I purchased on Amazon were technically a Black Friday deal, but it was the lowest cost I'd seen them (and I've had them in my wishlist for 3 years). Although camelcamelcamel says they dropped another few dollars on Sunday, I got them in time for my flight back to Texas and I am happy.