Rant of the Day

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Shrinky Dink

Re: Rant of the Day

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Portia wrote:If anyone has a story of spending around, say, $100 - $200 on a really cool dress that they bought themselves out of pocket, I'm all ears.
I'll sell you my dress for $150 OBO it's a size 12 (snug on a 39" bust, 35" waist, 46" hip) Honestly it just takes up a lot of space in the apartment and I try not to get attached to things since my grandmother is a hoarder. It's this one http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Str ... arch#close I had a 3/4 sleeve jacket made to go with it that has little snaps to keep everything in place.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

It's snowing, and I want to be annoyed with the snow, but I'm going snowboarding for the first time tomorrow and I'm kinda excited, but I don't want to drive in the snow today...
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
M.O.D.A.Q.

Post by M.O.D.A.Q. »

I don't know if this counts as a rant but I expect many of my upcoming answers to be very mean-sounding because I've had very little patience as of late. #sorrynotsorry
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yay mean answers are so fun to read/write! as long as someone is nice you should be fine
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

...I don't know how to say this calmly, but I am very upset with the readership right now.

And that's all I'm going to say for now.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Tally M. wrote:...I don't know how to say this calmly, but I am very upset with the readership right now.

Pretty sure the rest are upset on your behalf. I know I am.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Tally M. wrote:...I don't know how to say this calmly, but I am very upset with the readership right now.

Um, yeah, what the what was that about? Do you have any idea what was up with it?

Also, if I were an editor, I would tell that guy that he could resubmit his question when he was ready to not be a *()$#!.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

What's been published was just the tip of the multi-pronged iceberg, actually. So... yeah. Individually and collectively, we are rather displeased right now.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I don't know how bad it is right now, but I had hate questions sent to me which editors got rid of, and I know the writers of my day got our nonsense in a twist because one of us may or may not have been slighted. Remember to take deep breaths.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Well, Tally, please know that THIS reader thinks you are AWESOME.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I can't figure out which reader you're talking about. All the questions on the Board currently seem pretty sincere.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Thanks for your support, guys. Long story short, there are just a number of different readers on the attack right now, mostly towards me. I had a retreat this weekend without Internet access, so that helped me to calm down a bit, but hopefully we'll get things figured out.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Internet group hug!!! This is so awful Tally. You're handling this really well. We love you!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Squirrel wrote:Internet group hug!!! This is so awful Tally. You're handling this really well. We love you!
I wouldn't call writing placeholder answers in all caps "handling this really well"
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Tally M. wrote:
Squirrel wrote:Internet group hug!!! This is so awful Tally. You're handling this really well. We love you!
I wouldn't call writing placeholder answers in all caps "handling this really well"
I write angry placeholders when people ask dumb questions about Canada, so I think writing such placeholders when people are being mean to you is pretty okay all things considered.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Zedability wrote:
Tally M. wrote:
I write angry placeholders when people ask dumb questions about Canada, so I think writing such placeholders when people are being mean to you is pretty okay all things considered.
^OK, thank you, because some of those dumb questions about Canada really piss me off!!

Also, I really don't understand the irrational anti-Tally business. I still pay freakishly close attention to the board even thought I don't talk on the boardboard as much as I used to, and I honestly can't even figure out why anyone would have a problem with Tally.
Rainbow_connection

Post by Rainbow_connection »

NerdGirl wrote:
Also, I really don't understand the irrational anti-Tally business. I still pay freakishly close attention to the board even thought I don't talk on the boardboard as much as I used to, and I honestly can't even figure out why anyone would have a problem with Tally.
I don't either! Her answers are generally sincere, well-thought-out, and helpful and I don't remember her ever snarking or sniping at a reader.
Portia

Post by Portia »

She mentioned having a boyfriend, once. (I think she's single now.) Therefore that one d*** reader now must destroy her.
the anglophile

Post by the anglophile »

The guys in my ward are certified d-bags. They never fail to make me feel like crap, and if they talk to me it's on their terms and only when they need something from me. There's only a few in my ward that are my age (senior in HS) and gosh they just make me so mad. I have tried so many times to be kind to them and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they think an acceptable way to treat a woman is to reject to all of my platonic gestures. There have been countless times where they have said things that are flat out degrading to me and my self esteem. It's like they've formed this little women-hating gang. The worst part is they're total tools; everyone in the ward (especially their mothers) thinks they're angels, and any criticism they get isn't taken well. So they never get criticism, and they're basically treated like royalty. I just can't comprehend why they think treating another human (me and another girl in our ward) is an acceptable way to be a priesthood holder and a man in general. Luckily I only have a few more months with them...
Portia

Post by Portia »

LPT: if your wife has cancer and is crying from the pain, IRON YOUR FAMILY'S CLOTHES YOURSELF, BRO