BYU Stem Fair

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Shrinky Dink

BYU Stem Fair

Post by Shrinky Dink »

So, this Thursday is BYU's STEM fair (Feb 12th) and I'll be attending from BYU-Idaho. I didn't think to ask sooner, otherwise I would have asked the board. Is there a way I can print on campus without being a student? Can a visitor access the wi-fi? I'll be bringing my computer and a thumb drive in case I need to ask someone else to help me print extra resumes, but I was just wondering if a non-student could do it on their own. Perhaps at a specific print location?

Also, I'll be in Provo with no transportation of any sort (except my legs) for most of Thursday and Friday. Any suggestions of how to keep myself entertained around campus if I don't have any interviews? I honestly don't want to be stuck watching TV at the Motel.

Any other tips for someone visiting BYU campus? I've been before, but I'm usually with friends or volunteering at the MTC, so I don't have much experience.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Portia

Re: BYU Stem Fair

Post by Portia »

Yes, use Cougar Creations. It's in the basement of the Wilkinson. You can pull up resumes from cloud or portable storage, print in color or B&W, on fancy resume paper. Yes, there's guest WiFi to use your phone in the buildings. You don't have to be a student to use Cougar Creations. It's right below where the fairs are, which is convenient. Beware of Bronies.

There is a FANTASTIC origami exhibit at the MOA, another solid one on Krishna, tasty burgers at the Creamery, free New York Times issues in the HRCB, and lectures around noon on any subject you can imagine.

(ETA)

Off-campus things: Station 21, Sammy's (I guess I like hamburgers), Kiwanis Park, and some historic houses around Center.

Also see a movie at International Cinema. That's in the SWKT, always a great selection. They also have recitals in the arts building (HFAC).

Good luck, and be warned: you probably will have to go to their sites and fill out all the applications anyway. I ended up getting a job interview from it, but the company seems kind of ... not my style.

Also I managed to get caffeine. On campus. Twice. /levelup
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

oh, yeah, and the MOA (museum of art) is only open late Weds-Fri. You can also check out the Bean Museum, which is newly remodeled, and the BYU Planetarium has $2 shows every Friday http://planetarium.byu.edu/Scheduling/Calendar.aspx
Violet

Post by Violet »

There's a guest WiFi, but it was kind of terrible the last time I was there. The BYUSecure only requires a NetID and it's easy to sign up for one.