Political involvement

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
mic0

Political involvement

Post by mic0 »

Dear Less Than 100 Hour Board,

Have any of you ever been involved in local politics and/or a political party? What is it like?

-Nervous about emailing the local political party and getting involved
the anglophile

Re: Political involvement

Post by the anglophile »

In fourth grade I ran for school treasure. I promised my opponent I'd vote for her if she voted for me. I lost. That was about the end of my political involvement.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Wow, she totally played you. That girl probably went far in politics.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Sure. I was involved in the Utah County, Salt Lake County, and Clark County Democrats, and I worked for a politician once. I love that stuff. Go for it!
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

My husband worked on a campaign for a state senator once. He loved it. AND he got to meet this up-and-coming young senator from Illinois.....named Barak Obama.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Emiliana, is your husband Rory from Gilmore Girls? :P But really, that is so cool.

TBS, I didn't know you were involved with stuff, awesome. Well, I found out that there isn't a chapter of this political party in my county, but I might look into the Democrats as second choice (this is Texas afterall, it's my best bet really).
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

mic0 wrote:Emiliana, is your husband Rory from Gilmore Girls? :P But really, that is so cool.

TBS, I didn't know you were involved with stuff, awesome. Well, I found out that there isn't a chapter of this political party in my county, but I might look into the Democrats as second choice (this is Texas afterall, it's my best bet really).
Basically, yes.

Out of curiosity, what was your first choice?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Green party! They really align closest with my ideals, but I recognize they aren't likely to get much traction beyond maybe influencing bigger players.