Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Digit

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Digit »

Huh. I've seen cheap signs posted on street corners for yard sales or advertising junk, but never before one asking for an internal organ.
Attachments
"Kidney Needed"
"Kidney Needed"
image.jpg (78.85 KiB) Viewed 8169 times
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

So, I have this add-on for Chrome that changes Millennial (usually referring to the generation) to Snake People. I forgot that I did that, and I've been copying texts off of Project Gutenberg for work. And just found a reference to "Snake Person Stars" (instead of Millennial Stars) in the book I'm reformatting.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

hahahahahaha
Portia

Post by Portia »

It's causing me anxiety to wake up and see yet another headline in a national newspaper that involves "Mormons" and "take petty umbrage with."
Portia

Post by Portia »

There’s so much wrong here. First, the sheer Amerocentricism. Scouting is most assuredly available to the vast majority of Mormon youth, just not in Mormon troops. There are over 30 million registered Scouts worldwide in over 200 countries (thus only 0.8% of Scouts are Mormon). Ironically, in some countries Mormon youth have a better chance of being a Scout than their LDS counterparts in the United States (who feel confined to Mormon scouting) by virtue of Scouting being available to girls. This reflects the second problem with this statement: all this concern over “one-half of its youth” internationally (boys), but seemingly little interest in the half of its non-Scouting youth in the US (girls). N.B. In Canada, Scouting is open to girls but the church won an exemption to run boys-only troops.
By Common Consent post

>_<

>_<

:-O
Digit

Post by Digit »

The Last Bookstore looks like a neat place. If I ever am in Los Angeles, I hope I get the chance to see it.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I just got Windows 10 on my computer. (I had 7) So far it's been chiming a lot and looks a little different. My computer is 5 years old now, so I figured it won't last long anyway. I might as well get a free test run of the new OS so I can better decide when I get my next computer whether I want 7 or 10.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Shrinky Dink wrote:I just got Windows 10 on my computer. (I had 7) So far it's been chiming a lot and looks a little different. My computer is 5 years old now, so I figured it won't last long anyway. I might as well get a free test run of the new OS so I can better decide when I get my next computer whether I want 7 or 10.
Let us know. My computer keeps telling me to get it, but I'm afraid of change (also I won't be replacing this computer any time soon.)
Deus ab veritas
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I definitely like 10 better than 8 if that is the choice anyone is making.
Portia

Post by Portia »

A colleague of mine has identical symptoms as my mom's cancer
I'm no hypochondriac, but dammit I'm scared for her. She has two little children, too.

Anyone who is a praying type please keep her in your prayers.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Portia wrote:A colleague of mine has identical symptoms as my mom's cancer
I'm no hypochondriac, but dammit I'm scared for her. She has two little children, too.

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not a praying type but I'll send some good thoughts into the universe for her. (And for you.)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:
Portia wrote:A colleague of mine has identical symptoms as my mom's cancer.

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not a praying type but I'll send some good thoughts into the universe for her. (And for you.)
Thank you! Since coffee is good for the liver, have a cup in my stead.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

TheBlackSheep wrote:I definitely like 10 better than 8 if that is the choice anyone is making.
That was exactly the choice I was making. Thanks!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I've been saying I'm the same weight for the last three years (mostly while giving blood) despite the fact that I hadn't stepped on a scale in that amount of time. I finally went to a doctor's appointment today, and I was only a pound off.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

So far, the biggest differences between Windows 7 and 10 that I've noticed (aside from aesthetics) are the changes to the start menu, a search bar included on the task bar, and the availability of multiple desktops aka 'Task View'. The switch seems to have kept all of my settings, pictures, documents, preferences, etc.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I don't blame you for being worried at all, I do the exact same thing. She'll be kept in my thoughts and prayers.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Shrinky Dink wrote:

I don't blame you for being worried at all, I do the exact same thing. She'll be kept in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you. I was able to take some time to relax after work the past couple of days which really helped me stay calm. I'm going to get her a small thinking of you gift and card as she waits for results.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Took less than an hour to upgrade to Windows 10. Took over three hours to reinstall the HP printer driver that disappeared after the upgrade.
Portia

Post by Portia »

As the menstrual cycle becomes shorter in response to age, a woman's odds of getting pregnant will decrease.
I did not know this til today. Mine seems to have gotten shorter by exactly two days sometime in the past year or two. (No other noticeable changes.)

I would have expected the exact opposite effect ...
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I bought a carbon monoxide detector today. I've never had one before. It also detects natural gas. I'm very excited about not dying of carbon monoxide poisoning and not having my house explode from a gas leak now.