Question I Haven't Asked: Surround Sound Set-up

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
wired

Question I Haven't Asked: Surround Sound Set-up

Post by wired »

Hey, I didn't know which forum to post this in, but I've got a question I'm hoping other people can help out with. I consider a tech-support type question so I don't even want to submit it to the 100 Hour Board.

I have a surround sound set up. My receiver can receive in Prologic, Digital, and DTS. I have a DVD player that is about 5 years old which is able to play in those three formats as well. I have set up my receiver, as far as I can tell, to receive Digital. (I've set the DVD input to the digital line and it is definitely going through the coax cable.) However, I can only get Prologic to work.

I have checked the DVD and it is playing in 5.1. I even tried a DVD that had 5.1 DTS and my receiver still translated it as a Prologic set up. (For those who aren't familiar, Prologic is when the receiver thinks its receiving a 2-channel input.)

Does anyone have any clue? Could my coax cable be the problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

My next step is finding another DVD player from a friend and testing it on the receiver. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try a different cable.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

What kind of cable is connecting the DVD player to the receiver?
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
wired

Post by wired »

It's a digital coax as far as I can tell. (Monster brand.)

I can still receive sound clearly, it just receives in Prologic.
wired

Post by wired »

Problem solved.

The DVD was set to broadcast in 5.1, but my DVD pplayer wasn't set to broadcast in bitstream mode which prevented it from actually sending 5.1.

Fixed.