Over hours questions

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Tangerine

Over hours questions

Post by Tangerine »

Has anybody else been having a lot of over hours questions lately? Out of the past six questions I've asked, five of them have gone over hours. Granted, one of them was 10 questions in one, which is understandable, but even when I tried to ask easy ones, like, "are there different coloured bandaids in different countries?" or "which England missions contain parts of Wales?" those apparently weren't easy enough. I know occasionally it's just a matter of none of the editors getting online to approve answers for the next day, but with 5/6 over hours, I'm starting to think that the Board must be either seriously lazy or seriously understaffed right now.

Anyways, I thought I would do my complaining here, since I know how annoying it is for them to get questions/comments complaining about over hours questions, and Katya already thinks I'm cheeky. ;)
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

I've only asked on recent question (which was evidently offensive to some of the writers) and I think it was a day late, but I didn't pay that close of attention. I've gotten the impression from several answers recently, though, that more writers than usual took the summer off and they ended up way under staffed.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

At the moment I have one at 8 days, but it isn't a simple question either.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

Huh. Maybe my questions just aren't as easy as I think. Although I just answered one of them myself in about five minutes.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Tangerine wrote:Huh. Maybe my questions just aren't as easy as I think. Although I just answered one of them myself in about five minutes.
Maybe they are promoting self reliance for retired writers? Teach a fruit to fish and all (o:
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

If they are understaffed, they should hire me. : D

I haven't asked any questions in a while, but when I was last asking regularly, I had several go over hours. And most of them that did so were ones I wouldn't have thought would go over.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tangerine wrote:Huh. Maybe my questions just aren't as easy as I think. Although I just answered one of them myself in about five minutes.
We're temporarily understaffed, in that a number of our writers have been very busy this summer. And no, your questions aren't as easy as you think. And I think it no stretch of the imagination to consider that you could answer a question about Wales more easily than anyone else currently writing. (Fwiw, that question is ready to post tomorrow, so it'll post anyway.)

Cheeky, cheeky. :wink:
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Hmm. Has the Board ever considered seasonal hires?
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Portia

Post by Portia »

Fred: doubt it. We're looking for committed relationships, not NCMO.

Tangy: It's "Uyo" that's holding us up, FWIW. The others we have admirably covered.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Portia wrote:Fred: doubt it. We're looking for committed relationships, not NCMO.
Lol. :)
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Quit yer belllyachin'. I took care of your bandaid question when you came and beat me up. I had Team HAT flashbacks all over the place.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

Hobbes wrote:
Quit yer belllyachin'. I took care of your bandaid question when you came and beat me up. I had Team HAT flashbacks all over the place.
Well, maybe it's time for me to come beat you up again today, then. ;)

Or Portia, because she keeps calling me Tangy.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Sorry, Tangerine . . . I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to have done so, and picked it up from others . . .

Must be true what Optimus Prime said, that you can't spell "Tangerine" without "anger." ;)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Team HAT flashback = HATback?

Think about it.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

It's true. Tangerine is angry and hates you all. ;)

Especially when Portia calls her Tangy.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I thought that Tangy came about because of the tart/tangy flavour of the wonderful fruit. And yes, I just typed "flavour."
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Bah! Go back to England, ya lollygagger!

On a related note: Freddie, would you know me if you saw me? Tangerine's introduced us multiple times, I believe, but I can't for the life of me remember what you look like. Why don't we settle our spelling differences over a game of Diablo 2?
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

:D I'm pretty sure I would recognize you, especially if it was some context where I would be at least somewhat expecting to see you. If you were in a crowd of people though, I think it would be iffy. Well, at least until I was able to watch the crowd for a little bit. If I remember correctly there may be some mannerisms that are at least as recognizable as any physical feature. :)

And we can battle some time if you wish, but I don't own Diablo 2. I'd be willing to play you in Starcraft though. :D

Oh, and just thought I would mention that I actually spelled it that way by accident, but then realized that it was a correct spelling somewhere. So, I left it. And added a note to point it out.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

And.. I apologize for being mean to Portia.