#3!!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Cindy

Re: #3!!

Post by Cindy »

Anyone else doing brackets? I'm currently ranked #214 out of 215 in my pool. Apparently I'm not very good at predicting.
wired

Post by wired »

All of my brackets are so-so right now.

But for the record, Gonzaga is about the worst match-up we could have for an 11-seed. We'll need to have ridiculous shooting performances from all of our players to stand a chance.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I wouldn't worry about it too much. See, I dreamed last night that we would beat Gonzaga. Last week I dreamed we lost to San Diego and a couple days before that I dreamed we'd finally beat NM in the tournament. (Beats dreaming about taking tests, I guess.)
Also, my uncle thinks we'll win, and he's usually right.

Forget RPI, rebounds, shooting, and individual players' size and stats. All that really matters is the dreams of one random person and her uncle.
wired

Post by wired »

Defy V wrote:I wouldn't worry about it too much. See, I dreamed last night that we would beat Gonzaga. Last week I dreamed we lost to San Diego and a couple days before that I dreamed we'd finally beat NM in the tournament. (Beats dreaming about taking tests, I guess.)
Also, my uncle thinks we'll win, and he's usually right.

Forget RPI, rebounds, shooting, and individual players' size and stats. All that really matters is the dreams of one random person and her uncle.
Well that's how it worked in the Old Testament at least.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I owe it all to my amazing technicolor coat.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Woohoo! Advancing to the sweet sixteen!
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

At least the refs didn't miss any calls. I'm always inconsolable when they make poor judgments, but tonight I'm okay.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

For what it's worth, I didn't dream about it.

But I'll probably have nightmares for a week.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

They were doing SO GOOD until overtime, then Jimmer kept chucking up these random 3's everywhere, and he didn't even try to take it inside. It's one thing to take the open shot, it's quite another to just throw em up randomly. Bad judgment. Bad, bad judgment. But I think he was probably tired. He certainly looked tired.
Eirene
Board Writer

Post by Eirene »

C is for wrote:At least the refs didn't miss any calls. I'm always inconsolable when they make poor judgments, but tonight I'm okay.
When I was there, I saw some pretty rotten foul calls, but I don't know if there was anything more egregious than the typical missed calls that happen during any game.

My opinion of the game: The result was heartbreaking, but I am darn proud of the run we gave Florida. We sure as heck didn't make it easy for them. It wasn't a great day for shooting for us, and I think that's largely because of the defensive pressure they were able to put on us. They have BIG GUYS. And from what I could see, they played very, very aggressively, forcing us to take some pretty crummy shots. I would have loved to make it another round, but like I said, I am darn proud of our team and coaches and their efforts.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

You were there, huh?

Jealous......