Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

OH! Also had to remove my +1 of the Wikipedia page for "Wizards of Waverly Place."

!!!

Please tell me that was a misclick, please tell me that was a misclick, please tell me that was a misclick
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Guys. The immigration system sucks. "Don't worry, it's probably just an error on our end, this happens all the time." Um, if it happens all the time, maybe you should make it stop happpening? I would really just like to have a job without having to wait for over a month for USCIS to look into my immigration status because some border guard in Montana forgot to check a box or whatever.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

At the risk of sounding stupid, I can't shake the feeling that my phone changed colors. Yesterday, I would have sworn on the Bible that it was dark grey. Today, it keeps catching my eye when I walk past it because it's clearly navy blue. And obviously I'm being irrational, but part of me really can't believe that it has always been blue.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Have you asked anyone else's opinion?
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I asked Sauron by email, as he's the only other human who's ever spent any time with our phone, and he said our phone is "dark blue/black."

I honestly considered the idea that we had picked up somebody else's phone by mistake while out and about (I accidentally stole somebody's credit card this way once), but unless I also accidentally switched my sim cards with them, that is not the case. I just have to accept that I made a very trivial mistake.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

I'm sensing a deep-rooted government conspiracy, probably involving aliens. They duplicated your sim card for investigative purposes, but they accidentally put it back in the wrong phone. Then they planted false memories in Sauron's head.
Giovanni Schwartz

Duuude.... That's trippy. Watch out. And replace your paper bag with a tin foil hat.
Digit

Post by Digit »

krebscout wrote:At the risk of sounding stupid, I can't shake the feeling that my phone changed colors. Yesterday, I would have sworn on the Bible that it was dark grey. Today, it keeps catching my eye when I walk past it because it's clearly navy blue. And obviously I'm being irrational, but part of me really can't believe that it has always been blue.
Can you tell what number is here? Image (nobody give it away, even if it's obviously easy)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Giovanni Schwartz

Hey I was totally looking at these the yesterday and then I was looking at reverse colorblind tests and then I passed all of them and I was REALLY confused.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Heh, yes, it's the answer.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Over the weekend, I had (distant) relatives come visit from Nova Scotia and I fed them lobster and all was well. (NerdGirl: They live in Truro.)
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

krebscout wrote:Heh, yes, it's the answer.
Whoa, you're a little colorblind? I would never have guessed! Is it weird that I think that's kind of cool?
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

No I'm not. It's "the answer." 42.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Oh, okay. Phooey.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Katya wrote:Over the weekend, I had (distant) relatives come visit from Nova Scotia and I fed them lobster and all was well. (NerdGirl: They live in Truro.)
Awesome!!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

NerdGirl wrote:
Katya wrote:Over the weekend, I had (distant) relatives come visit from Nova Scotia and I fed them lobster and all was well. (NerdGirl: They live in Truro.)
Awesome!!
Apparently Bangor, Maine is a pretty exciting shopping destination if you live in the Maritimes. (I often see Nova Scotia / New Brunswick license plates around, but I didn't realize that was why.)
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

So I don't know if you're aware of this, but having depressing SUCKS.

(Actually I'm sure you're all aware of it, cause a lot of you are in the same boat. I'm just feeling especially beat down today, you know?)
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Emiliana wrote:So I don't know if you're aware of this, but having depressing SUCKS.

(Actually I'm sure you're all aware of it, cause a lot of you are in the same boat. I'm just feeling especially beat down today, you know?)
I've been dealing with it on and off for the past few months. Not severe this time around, thankfully (I had some pretty bad experiences years ago), but definitely not fun.
Watts

Post by Watts »

Emiliana wrote:So I don't know if you're aware of this, but having depressing SUCKS.

Totally. I've been having a few of those days recently, and it really is the worst. Hang in there friend!