Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Fredjikrang »

Same to you Wisteria! It's been a while!
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Merry Christmas, y'all!! Hope it's a great one.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Merry Christmas!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Mass texting "Merry Christmas!" to all the girls in my ward is the worst thing ever. I hate mass texts, I hate mass texting, and nobody knows who I am!

I'm glad that I'm now on the part where I am using people's names so they're not mass texts anymore. They're "Merry Christmas, [insert name here]!"

Nice in theory, but not so nice in practice. I'll let the bishop know...
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Merry Christmas!! I got a spice rack!!!
Portia

Post by Portia »

http://www.nytimes.com/auth/login?URI=h ... eview.html

Any typeface nerds (and I know you're out there, the documentary Helvetica was mentioned) should check this out. Even better, make it out to NYC by Feb.!
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I got a Crock Pot! Score! :D (Well, that, and Christmas with my family, which was pretty great too. :D )
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I get to spend the evening watching stupid tv shows with my good friends step dad because my friend went to deliver a christmas gift and then got sidetracked and will be out late. Mostly I'm just trying not to show my bitterness towards said friend or the fact that I'm not home for Christmas this year.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Fredji: Yay!

Unit: Uh...that sounds...fun. Way to be, Unit's friend.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

eh, I'm not too mad at him. I do feel I somewhat stole his Christmas from him, asking to come with him to his family's house. And I don't particularly want to be with him and his friends tonight. Mostly I just don't want to be alone. Step-dad has gone to bed. But I have access to netflix and cable and a project to work on and a clear winter sky. I might bundle up and sit on the steps looking at stars.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/auth/login?URI=h ... eview.html

Any typeface nerds (and I know you're out there, the documentary Helvetica was mentioned) should check this out. Even better, make it out to NYC by Feb.!
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

On the one hand, I feel like a mean sister because I cleaned our apartment thoroughly after my brother stayed here for a week by himself while we were out of town. On the other hand, I found a chunk of half-melted cheese in the couch that was definitely not mine. So, you know, I feel less bad about the cleaning I did.
Digit

Post by Digit »

A professor at NYU who gave James Franco a D for only attending 2 out of 14 classes and performing poorly did not have his contract renewed.
Santana claims that other professors at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts gave 33-year-old Franco good grades, despite poor attendance and academic performance from the actor/student. In his lawsuit, the prof speculates that the high marks may be payback: Franco hired professor Jay Anania to write and direct the film “William Vincent.”
What I wonder is, in what world is hiring your professor not a conflict of interests?

Edit: Apparently, he wasn't technically fired, his contract simply wasn't renewed, the school says.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Yellow got season 3 of Boy Meets World. His other two brothers got the first two seasons. So we've been spending a lot of time watching that show. Oh man, such great memories. :)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Dragon Lady wrote:Yellow got season 3 of Boy Meets World. His other two brothers got the first two seasons. So we've been spending a lot of time watching that show. Oh man, such great memories. :)
I've been watching episodes here and there on Youtube. I never watched that show growing up (we didn't watch TV at all) so I'm catching up now. Kind of. I also don't really care...
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I found this old question http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/54519/ and decided to take the geek test. I scored a 13%. Considering that I majored in two majors which many people consider unbearably geeky, I found the test rather encouraging.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I love Boy Meets World. And I am taking the geek test right now, and I have issues with the following items:
-I went to a LAN party once, but it was only because someone was going to cry if I didn't. And I didn't actually participate and I didn't have fun.
-"asked to fix someone's computer" - all that means is that you have relatives over 60
-"skipped parties to read or study" - pretty sure every single person who has ever been to college has done that
-I've seen several of those movies more than two time against my will
-I own multiple calculators, but only because I have to have one that can actually do stuff for my own purposes and one that can't do anything good that I'm allowed to take tests with.
-Everyone should own a voltmeter. That's just common sense.
-I don't own Monty Python, Star Trek, or Star Wars scripts, but I do have some X-Files scripts, several of which are 1st drafts. My step-cousin was a crew member and occasional extra for the first three seasons.

Anyway, I scored 35.60886%.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

34.68635%. I was kind of sad there wasn't anything about Myst on there. I will say that anyone who's been dumped at a Star Trek convention definitely has nerd cred, though.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Digit

Post by Digit »

-I own multiple calculators, but only because I have to have one that can actually do stuff for my own purposes and one that can't do anything good that I'm allowed to take tests with.
I haven't taken the test you guys are talking about, but this is exactly the reason I have a TI-89 (useful one) and a TI-30X IIS (only one Walmart had a few days before the FE Exam that was on the approved list. That's one day I'm glad is over). 8-hour tests stink.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I read 200 books in 2010, and ended up reading 205 books in 2011, which is a little bit sad, I think. I need to find something else to do.