Did anyone else stop by the booth in the WILK?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Re: Did anyone else stop by the booth in the WILK?

Post by Dragon Lady »

Yellow, Dragon Baby and I showed up at the very end. And I knew two people there. (Well, until Sky Bones and Co. came back from eating. Then I got three more.) At first I really thought I just didn't know that many writers and I felt super old (in Board age). But then they informed me that most people were readers. And I felt better. And then I found out that one was Paperback Writer and another was her husband. So yay, I got to meet them!

Ummm… that's all.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I was there when you came by! I was sitting next to Genuine in a gray shirt. But you were always far away and so I never talked to you.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Actually, DL, I wasn't eating. I was guiding a blind person to the Accessibility Center. :D I ate my salad at the Booth.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I wish I could have stayed longer, but duty called. Stinkin' market. I didn't even do very well...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

You guys should have your next Board booth in LA.

Earlier in the summer, our family went to a Seattle Mariner's game, and I was wearing my Board shirt. There was someone there in BYU shirt, and I'm pretty sure they were covertly pointing at my shirt and talking about it to their spouse. It wasn't anyone who reads this forum, was it?
Kissables

Post by Kissables »

I walked by between classes around 11, but I was already late, so I reluctantly kept walking.

It just had to be on the day where I have 8 hours straight in a row.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Sky Bones wrote:Actually, DL, I wasn't eating. I was guiding a blind person to the Accessibility Center. :D I ate my salad at the Booth.
Well, then someone lied to me!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

C is for wrote:I was there when you came by! I was sitting next to Genuine in a gray shirt. But you were always far away and so I never talked to you.
You didn't even say anything when I complained loudly that there were so many people there I didn't know? And did we really have that many new writers? Someone piped up and said most of you were readers, so I left it that. No one told me that they were readers I might actually have a nym in my mind for.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I probably didn't hear because I was working on my math homework or was in math class.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Dead Cat wrote:I probably didn't hear because I was working on my math homework or was in math class.
I think you were actually gone by the time I came.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Dragon Lady wrote:
C is for wrote:I was there when you came by! I was sitting next to Genuine in a gray shirt. But you were always far away and so I never talked to you.
You didn't even say anything when I complained loudly that there were so many people there I didn't know? And did we really have that many new writers? Someone piped up and said most of you were readers, so I left it that. No one told me that they were readers I might actually have a nym in my mind for.
Well, that just goes to show that the writers don't think readers are worth anything.

(...just kidding...)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

C is for wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:
Well, that just goes to show that the writers don't think readers are worth anything.

(...just kidding...)
Nah. Just goes to show that I'm not willing to shout my nym to just anyone. Even if most people already know it.
wryness

Post by wryness »

When I was a freshman (some - EGADS - three-ish years ago), I was a little giddy about the Board booth... and then I never dared to stop by. That was probably for the best on everyone's account, trust me.

This time around, I was sort of looking forward to the booth -- albeit in a mellower, nonfanatical way -- but I never got to stop by. Curse yew, Schkool!
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

The booth today I feel wasn't advertised enough--I totally forgot about it until after class and the booth had less than 10 minutes left. It was nice seeing you guys again; I hope you had fun without me.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

There was a Board booth today?
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

It was in Brigham Square. There was an announcement on the Board, but it was pretty overlookable. And I wasn't sure if it meant "Wednesday" today or "Wednesday" next week. Like I said, they needed more advertising. It felt very much like a last minute thing.

--Jasper Fforde
mic0

Post by mic0 »

It felt that way because... it was... last minute.
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

I only found out about it late last night. The editor in charge of the booth was only asked to participate yesterday afternoon. That's about as last minute as something can get.