Autism-Spectrum Quotient

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: Autism-Spectrum Quotient

Post by Emiliana »

I don't know that I socialize normally, either. When I moved back to the US couple years ago I became good friends with a guy who had Asperger's because it was a relief not to have to try to be socially normal. (That friendship ended because he got super jealous when I started dating Marx...)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I got a 22, although like Uffish I think I have cycles of being more hermitish and more social and right now I'm feeling more hermitish.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I think a big part of why I score so low on these is that I don't really have a lot of routines in my life and I don't really like routines. Which is kind of odd considering the fact that I have OCD, but my OCD is very well-controlled now. Actually that may be why I don't like routines - it's kind of like now that my OCD is under controll I've been liberated from all of these compulsions that I had to do from the time I was very young that I hated doing but had to do or the world would end.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I got a 23, which is higher than I expected. I really like social things, too. At least, this is what I tell myself. All while my husband and oldest are out playing baseball with the neighbors and I am listening to music and interneting...
Violet

Post by Violet »

38, and I scored high on the quiz Cindy posted too (It was awhile ago... I want to say somewhere in the 160s atypical and 40s typical? I recorded it on a blog somewhere because I thought it was interesting).

As I don't function well without routine (lists upon lists), am fairly introverted with anxiety, and am well aware of my inability to read people, it doesn't surprise me. I haven't really had any reason to check into it any further, but I think being aware of the characteristics helps me.
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

I got an 18. Ditto Katya on loving libraries and patterns. Also, the questions were vague. What kind of theater (and what's playing) and what kind of museum? That would make a big difference as to which answer I would mark.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

And what kind of social event? Is it playing board games with friends or a big block party with strangers, or something in between?
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

15 on the Autism-Spectrum. Normal normal.

70 on the Aspie. 148 of 200 on the neurotypical. I'm very likely neurotypical.