Random Maids a'Milking!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Tao

Re: Random Maids a'Milking!

Post by Tao »

Huh, my first connection was "the laborer is worthy of his hire" vis Luke 10.

Jacob 5 is a bit of a favorite of mine, and I'm 99% sure that labor is only used as a verb therein.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Yes, you're right. The phrase is "the Lord of the vineyard, and also his servant." I wasn't suggesting otherwise. But just because it never explicitly calls the servant a "laborer," he "labors in the vineyard," hence I think of him as a laborer.

Edited to add that that phrase you pointed out also crossed my mind, and that also fits into the larger context of laborers in the vineyard of the Lord.
Deus ab veritas
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Watching the rally right now. Good stuff.
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Once upon a time we had trick-or-treaters who had a kitten following them. As you might expect, the kitten jumped into our house. I was going to take care of it but then my sister saw it and screamed (yeah, we really like animals at our house) and it went under the couch. So now I have a kitten on my lap.

Never mind. It just jumped off my lap to explore the house. Anytime my parents want to come home and solve the problem of the remarkably cute kitten is fine with me.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

That's hilarious! Good luck with the kitten.

I'm just happy it stopped raining. And grateful that it wasn't freezing this year, just cold.

Also, my kids are adorable. :)
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Tell the kitty I said "meow."
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Hmm... I wonder if I should take umbridge at this grievous offense against a poor, innocent wittle kitty. Nah.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Yesterday was our Primary Program. I don't know who decided to put that the day after Trick or Treating, but there you go. My son's part was "God speaks through prophets" (he's a Sunbeam).

When it was his turn finally, he bolted for the mic, grabbed it and put it right on his mouth to shout "JESUS SAYS-" before the Primary lady whispered "God speaks-" "GOD - SPEAKS - THROUGH - PROPHETS!" As loud as he could.

There are some days you are just so proud of your child you could burst . . . LOL. Good thing four year olds can get away with almost anything!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Jesus says, God speaks, same thing, right?
Deus ab veritas
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Yup. I was quite grateful he was on topic. He spends most of his time quoting Finding Nemo and Caillou. I can just picture him chanting the "ah-who-wha-he-oh-ho-ho-ho" bit he does constantly . . .That would have been more embarrasing . . .
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Yet, it would get the whole place laughing hysterically. I'm for it!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Right, so one time I was at a choir rehearsal (the last one ever! Woohoo for ward activities and getting home before 10:30!) and the director said something about how we need to "assimilate" together, then said "We're not the Borg, we just need to assimilate."

...And I was the only one that laughed. Out of 1100 people. (Well, it's hard to tell with that many. No one around me laughed, though.)

In other news, I'm coming down to BYU again on Sunday. But I haven't even been able to make plans to see my sisters, so I'm not visiting anyone. You can probably see me, though. On the big screen. Not the pianist (:() but one of the large crowd. So good luck with that.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

I have a very, very faint memory of dreaming about Dragon Lady and Yellow last night. I don't remember what they were doing, but I'm pretty sure Yellow was an Asian guy. Ha!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

thebigcheese wrote:I have a very, very faint memory of dreaming about Dragon Lady and Yellow last night. I don't remember what they were doing, but I'm pretty sure Yellow was an Asian guy. Ha!
Bahahaha. Yeah. Couldn't be further from the truth. Unless Uygers count. They live in China. He could possibly pass for Uyger. They're as un-oriental as you can get. Tall. Brown hair.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I think that Nanti-Sarrmm's Facebook account was hacked. Is anybody else getting ridiculous event invites from him this morning?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

No.

Not personally, anyway. His wall does have some odd stuff on it now.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

People who have been married for longer than 6 month should stop using their wedding photos as their profile pic on facebook. Same thing to using a Halloween costume pic for longer than a month or two after Halloween. Or using a pregnancy photo even though the kid is a year old. STOP LIVING IN THE PAST.

Am I wrong in this?

(To clarify, if you're wearing normal clothes, you can keep it as long as your little heart desires. But if you're noticeably dressed up for an event that took place years ago? UPDATE.)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Hmmm… perhaps I should change my picture that has Dragon Baby in it taken a year ago? She's definitely changed a bit since then. :)
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I recently put a wedding picture up that I thought was funny after who knows how long with another, non-occasional picture of myself. Can we still be friends?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My picture isn't me at all. It's Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from the six-hour pride and prejudice.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.