Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Re: Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Post by Craig Jessop »

Imogen wrote:my dog is wearing the cone of shame because he got an infection where his testicle used to be. he's so bummed.
I would be too.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I leave the fan on, not because I think it makes the room cooler, but because it makes the room less stuffy. Although if it is facing in from an open window it will bring in whatever air is outside. And this time of year it is cool air. Although i actually don't have a fan right now.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i think i have a crush on my married coworker....
beautiful, dirty, rich
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I thought I finally figured out what made you an official Disney Princess instead of just a Disney heroine: you had to be a title character. Then I realized Princess Jasmine squashed that and now I'm back to the drawing board.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Dead Cat wrote:I thought I finally figured out what made you an official Disney Princess instead of just a Disney heroine: you had to be a title character. Then I realized Princess Jasmine squashed that and now I'm back to the drawing board.
Obviously I'm missing something, because I would have thought it was whether they're royalty or not at some point in the movie. Can you give me counter-examples?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Dead Cat wrote:I thought I finally figured out what made you an official Disney Princess instead of just a Disney heroine: you had to be a title character. Then I realized Princess Jasmine squashed that and now I'm back to the drawing board.
but she's an actual princess. i don't know why mulan is sometimes grouped with the princesses.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:
but she's an actual princess. i don't know why mulan is sometimes grouped with the princesses.
Because she's the only Asian female character and they wanted to make the princesses more ethnically diverse?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:i think i have a crush on my married coworker....
Eeep!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Fun fact: They wanted to make Giselle (from Enchanted) one of the official Disney Princesses, but then they realized that they'd have to pay Amy Adams royalties on her likeness forever. So they didn't.
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

sounds like potential for a messy situation.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Katya wrote:
Fun fact: They wanted to make Giselle (from Enchanted) one of the official Disney Princesses, but then they realized that they'd have to pay Amy Adams royalties on her likeness forever. So they didn't.
Actually, I already knew that.

I know that it'd be weird to officially put Nala and Fatine in the official line, but what about Megara, Jane, and Kida? They marry a god, the king of the jungle, and a scholar (but was already a princess by birth), respectively.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I just want to know when they will have a Hispanic princess. All their ethnic diversity and we're still apparently last on the list.
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:I just want to know when they will have a Hispanic princess. All their ethnic diversity and we're still apparently last on the list.
Interesting observation. I wonder if they have anything in the pipeline . . .
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

UnluckyStuntman wrote:
only if i say something. which i'm not planning to.
beautiful, dirty, rich
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

Imogen wrote:
UnluckyStuntman wrote:
only if i say something. which i'm not planning to.
If only life weren't so complicated...
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Ha! I was reading this logical thought progression about whether Disney might have Hispanic princess in the pipelines, and then I see Imogen say "Only if I say something. Which I'm not planning to." And I thought, "wow, I didn't realize Imogen had such power at the Disney headquarters!"
But kudos, Imogen, for keeping a potentially messy situation as un-messy as possible. I really admire a lot of what I know about your standards and ethics. It's people like you who remind me that there are still lots of good, caring, upright people in the world and the unthinking masses don't rule the day quite yet.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Did that sound condescending? It wasn't supposed to be at all. But now I'm paranoid about how my writing comes across on the board board.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Marduk wrote:I just want to know when they will have a Hispanic princess. All their ethnic diversity and we're still apparently last on the list.
I'm going to say The Little Mermaid took place in Spain. Problem solved.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Spain doesn't count as Hispanic in my book. Also, she wasn't on land, so the best you can claim is that she's Atlantean.
Deus ab veritas
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

She lived on land after she was married. Also, question: 'hispanic' is a culture, not an ethnicity, yes? So are we discussing ethnic diversity, or cultural diversity?