#50235 Apartment Spotlights

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

#50235 Apartment Spotlights

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Last year in ward prayer, at the beginning of that semester we wrote 5 facts about ourselves and our name on a piece of paper and people had to guess who the person was. So 3-4 papers were drawn at random, and those people stood at the front, explained their 5 facts if further exposition was needed and then anyone could ask them questions.

One guy in the ward almost always asked something like "What superhero would you be and why?" or something like that.
It was funny, especially some of the answers.

Just thought I'd share.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Side note... BYU-I wards discourage ward prayer. I never understood why, but to them it was an abomination. (At least my bishop inferred that it applied to all wards and stakes, but I suppose it might have been different for some.)
Identity Crysis

Post by Identity Crysis »

It depended on your stake president.

Some felt it was bad, and some felt it was innocuous.

I was in wards on both sides of the fence.

My current ward does ward prayer, but I don't go.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

You are an awful person. Just kidding.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Though I have never attended a BYU apartment spotlight, it sounds like Two Truths and a Lie might be appropriate...
or so this werf thinks...
Identity Crysis

Post by Identity Crysis »

Well if I started going, then that means I would be a "prime" candidate for the spotlight...

And I hate all things spotlighting me... (like my birthday, which I do not list on facebook because I don't want my wall spammed with crap)