50310- Raging comment

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Quiet Lamb

50310- Raging comment

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Uhh... how does a guy keep a manly scrapbook? I love arts and crafts and all, but a guy that kept a scrapbook might somewhat weird me out.

I think the woman failed to realize that you don't have to like all traditionally manly activities, but you're bound to like some of them a little. Though, she's kind of a walking contradiction. "[How dare you ask us to like guy hobbies! Oh, and those hobbies are girl's hobbies too!]" Why would someone have a problem with asking girls to like video games and star wars if girls already do? :roll:
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

It just made me laugh at how upset she seemed to be. After all, I know the girl who asked the original question and she was not offended at all.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

haha, the manly scrapbook thing totally reminded me of Kirby Heyborne in Sons of Provo. I was trying to visualize what it would look like...it was quite humorous in my mind's eye.
or so this werf thinks...
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

I learned to cross-stitch while I was dating my significant other. And now I'm married to her. Case in point: men should pick up some women's hobbies.

I was surprised to actually enjoy cross-stitching, although I actually don't do it anymore, which is sad.
Identity Crysis

Post by Identity Crysis »

I like turtles!

(Inside joke reference for the rest of us... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y )
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Re: 50310- Raging comment

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Quiet Lamb wrote:Uhh... how does a guy keep a manly scrapbook?
Call it a photo album instead? I mean that's what I have my mission photos in; admittedly enough the binder is not all that manly, but that's beyond the point.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Identity Crysis

That's right... And it's not a _purse_ it's a _messenger bag_!
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Quiet Lamb wrote:Uhh... how does a guy keep a manly scrapbook?
Call it a photo album instead? I mean that's what I have my mission photos in; admittedly enough the binder is not all that manly, but that's beyond the point.
Well, there is a difference. A photo album is... well, you just stick photos in little protective plastic sections and call it good. At the most you have a scrapbook-type of book and only do the bare minimum of photos and photo corners, and maybe a souvenir or two, but nothing too special. A scrapbook is different. It varies from photos in photo corners surrounded by a lot of souvenirs to full out crafty wizards with fancy paper, fancy scissors, fancy buttons, sweat and tears. There are more souvenirs and crafty ornaments than there are photos.

So may I ask which is yours?
Identity Crysis

A scrap book is where I put the pieces of my heart after you shatter it and leave them strewn all over the floor.
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Ouch, was that aimed at me? Did I offend some scrapbook enthusiast?
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

i was crocheting a hat for briar rose so that she would hook up with me when she got off her mission... now i'm dating someone though.. i think dragon lady still has the half finished hat just in case.
Identity Crysis

Quiet Lamb wrote:Ouch, was that aimed at me? Did I offend some scrapbook enthusiast?
No one in particular. I just conjured the notion out of the void and considered it an amusing thought worthy of sharing.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Quiet Lamb wrote: So may I ask which is yours?
Mine is nothing but photos, so it is most definitely a photo album.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

This is Sauron, who wrote about the "manly scrapbook"
A scrapbook is different. It varies from photos in photo corners surrounded by a lot of souvenirs to full out crafty wizards with fancy paper, fancy scissors, fancy buttons, sweat and tears. There are more souvenirs and crafty ornaments than there are photos.
It's perfectly possible to have a manly scrapbook - and it doesn't have to have all the trappings of typical ornate girly scrapbooks. I made one as a present for Waldorf. I took a textbook from DI as the main structure, and added photos of us, vandalized the photos and the text, doodled liberally, glued in some colored construction paper when I needed space to write, and added lots of pieces of paper of significant importance to us (our drawings, notes, doodles we did together, found objects). It's a treasure, and it's a scrapbook, but it's not at all what the scrapbook companies intend by the word scrapbook.

And I know just as well as you what typical scrapbooks are like. I created websites and scanned in thousands of products for scrapbook companies. But with a little creativity, a man can make a scrapbook and retain his manliness.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

krebscout wrote: I made one as a present for Waldorf. I took a textbook from DI as the main structure, and added photos of us, vandalized the photos and the text, doodled liberally, glued in some colored construction paper when I needed space to write, and added lots of pieces of paper of significant importance to us (our drawings, notes, doodles we did together, found objects). It's a treasure, and it's a scrapbook, but it's not at all what the scrapbook companies intend by the word scrapbook. .
if waldorf ever shows any sort of sentimental attachment to this "book" in front of his guy friends, he will be mocked mercilessly. women just don't get it sometimes.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

If I was friends with uncultured boors like you, bismark, maybe they would.

BTW, I, Sauron, am the male who made the book. Waldorf is my wife (female).
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

You know. That gets kinda confusing when you write using her account on here. ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

That's why I said "this is sauron"
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

bismark wrote:women just don't get it sometimes.
Ha. Just wondering why you said that in the context of this situation, bismark.

To add to the confusion, this is Waldorf (for the first time on this thread. yeah yeah we'll get accounts with our new names on them some day).
Identity Crysis

krebscout wrote:That's why I said "this is sauron"
Male scrap booking?? THIS... IS... SAURON!!!!!