Today in general

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

Today in general

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I feel strongly disinclined to read through all the questions if there are giant pictures that make me have to scroll through the page back and forth to read every line. It really bugs me. Anyone else?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Maybe if you are reading the Board on a cell phone or something.

On a regular old firefox browser, you don't need to do all that scrolling.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Well, considering that most of us read the Board on a computer, and those pictures are not really very wide at all, I don't mind at all.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Giovanni Schwartz

I dunno. I don't have my own computer, so I don't have the liberty to download Firefox, so I'm stuck on IE. And it's retarded.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Oh, weird. The pictures themselves are only 640 pixels wide (at the largest), so I figured that between that and the Board itself it would still display fine on even an 800x600 screen, which is pretty small.

But I didn't realize that IE would break...[sigh]. FYI, the page looks perfectly normal on Firefox, Opera, and Webkit (using Epiphany, and therefore also likely Safari). In other words, everything except stupid Internet Explorer works great. I'm guessing IE didn't know what to do with the CSS I used to center my images. I'll see about getting this fixed.

That should not have broken anything...
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I didn't notice anything strange using firefox, everything fit well. But yeah, on IE the pictures are massive.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I can confirm that they also look fine on Safari.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

this is why i never read the board.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Okay, it turns out wasn't the CSS, like I originally assumed--CPM found some messed-up tags in another response that were throwing IE off. The other browsers handled it better than IE did, but you can't really blame IE for problems in HTML. CPM just got done fixing the problems, and today's posts should look normal on all browsers. (Additionally, the page should load faster.)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bismark wrote:this is why i never read the board.
You don't read the Board because IE has problems with it, even though you probably hardly ever use IE?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Identity Crysis

Post by Identity Crysis »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
You don't read the Board because IE has problems with it, even though you probably hardly ever use IE?
No, he doesn't read it because it's not w3c compliant...

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http: ... rd.byu.edu
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

But you read the Board message board?

...kinda odd
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Identity Crysis wrote: it's not w3c compliant...

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http: ... rd.byu.edu
Yeah, that's one thing that CPM has mentioned. He said he's really striving for a strictly standards-compliant Board with the next version. (It's obviously not anywhere close right now.)
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Identity Crysis wrote: No, he doesn't read it because it's not w3c compliant...
That makes a bit more sense.
Giovanni Schwartz

Thank you for fixing it, friends.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Also, all of the pictures of the physics tutorial lab brought back lots of exciting memories of the many semesters I spent as a TA in there. :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

NerdGirl wrote:Also, all of the pictures of the physics tutorial lab brought back lots of exciting memories of the many semesters I spent as a TA in there. :)
Me too. ;) (It's why I asked the question.)
Tao

Post by Tao »

I haven't spent too much time in the physics labs, I had forgotten all about the sadist's edition. Was that the one for Durfee's class?
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

i got the highest grade in durfee's class... then i realized that being a physics major was stupid.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tao wrote:I haven't spent too much time in the physics labs, I had forgotten all about the sadist's edition. Was that the one for Durfee's class?
:?: Sadist's edition?