To the Admins

Confused about your account? Registration problems? Post here.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

To the Admins

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

On the description under "Favorite of the Day", where it says "Which 100HB response was your favorite today? A place to create polls and respond." there is a link to http://respond1.software.informer.com/ on the word respond when logged out. When logged in the link disappears, so you can only see it when logged out.

Just thought you would like to know.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

That's dear Fredji's problem, I think. Have fun, love!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I'll try to look at it tonight. :)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

This seems to be popping up in many threads actually. A random word is highlighted, and takes you the random software page.
Miss Scarlett

Post by Miss Scarlett »

My goodness, I thought this was some hilarious behind-the-scenes joke I was missing out on. It's been driving me crazy but I was too much of a wuss to actually ask what it was about, for fear of not getting the obvious joke, hahaha.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Glad to know it wasn't happening to just me. Seems like it happens all the time. I've learned to look before I leap to a new link.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

The random links only show up if you aren't logged in. I almost never visit here without logging in, so I didn't even realize they were there until a couple weeks ago when someone linked me to a thread and I hadn't signed in yet. They're definitely annoying, though, especially if you don't realize that most of the links (when you aren't signed in) are bogus. :)
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

Why does Portia ask a question in "Battles to the Death," when only those with administrative privileges can post a response?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Edmond wrote:Why does Portia ask a question in "Battles to the Death," when only those with administrative privileges can post a response?
So we can admire her tenacity to think of such a daring combat situation such as that.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Because she didn't realize that only admins could post in that forum.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I unlocked it.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Because she didn't realize that only admins could post in that forum.
That would imply that writers lose their omniscience when they retire, that's coming close to heresy. ;)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Humble Master wrote:This seems to be popping up in many threads actually. A random word is highlighted, and takes you the random software page.
Totally true, and annoying as all get-out. Is this informe's problem in general?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Because she didn't realize that only admins could post in that forum.
That would imply that writers lose their omniscience when they retire, that's coming close to heresy. ;)
Darn straight I'm losing my so-called Board omniscience. Who has the time between reading Byron's letters and hottubbing and learning to make soup? Not I.

Or did you ever stop to consider that I only like admins, Edmond?! HMM?! Maybe you're not worthy.

But seriously, on the admin side of things, I've been loudly declaring how "we need active admins" and "I still feel responsibility towards this, people!" So you know what? I publicly nominate YOU, Edmond, to replace me. Dead serious. You catch these things about closed/open forums; update the title bar, make sure Vorpal and Cognoscente don't kill each other. It's fun! You can add little stati to people's pseudonyms, figure out what the heck is wrong with Informe, create polls: you'll love it. And I ain't doing all this while traipsing about Slovenia and Ireland, and haven't for a year, and who knows what madness has erupted over in these parts without my once-Board-obsessed watchful eye.

So, if you're up to it, PM bobtheenchanted one, or something. I'm still omniscient; feel free to send me fan mail with the letters formed out of cheesecake, I've just achieved higher gnosis. :)
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Portia wrote:
Humble Master wrote:This seems to be popping up in many threads actually. A random word is highlighted, and takes you the random software page.
Totally true, and annoying as all get-out. Is this informe's problem in general?
I believe so, I've looked into it a couple of different ways, but haven't been able to find anyway of removing them, so it is deeper than informe allows us access.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Fredjikrang wrote:
Portia wrote:
I believe so, I've looked into it a couple of different ways, but haven't been able to find anyway of removing them, so it is deeper than informe allows us access.
Yeah, as I responded to Humble Master above, the random links only appear when you're not logged in. Most likely it's a form of advertising and is how Informe makes a little money to keep all the free sites up.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I've been getting this message before I log in;

Could not get topic data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT t.* FROM phpbb_topics t WHERE t.topic_id =

Line : 443
File : index.php

Has anyone else seen this?
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

yes
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

yes
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Yes. But perhaps the information flow was reversed so that it saw me, but I'm the one with the memory.