#50524 Tie Knots

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Yarjka

#50524 Tie Knots

Post by Yarjka »

Growing up, no one ever taught me how to tie a tie, and I never thought to look it up anywhere, as I just figured it out by myself ... when I went on my mission, everyone thought my method of tying a tie was terrible, produced a bad knot, and didn't have any advantages. It's good to see someone call my knot the 'regular knot.' I feel satisfaction. Even though the Windsor finally won me over, nothing beats the 'four-in-hand' for its sheer speed and overall easiness. However, it tends to drive picky people nuts, as the knot is fairly hard to manage, usually becoming crooked, and with some ties, so small that you can hardly see it.

I am curious about the fifteen ways the question mentions of how to tie a tie. I know only four, well five if you count the bow tie. Anyone want to clue me in on these possibly unconventional tie knots?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Google tie or necktie knots. That should be a good start.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

I was having trouble finding anything but the four knots I already knew.

Then I found the Wikipedia article. Duh. That supplied me with more than enough knots to try out.

Anyways, if anyone has a personal favorite, feel free to chime in on the advantages of some of these more unconventional knots.