50686--I <3 Terry Pratchett!

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

50686--I <3 Terry Pratchett!

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Does anyone else? So far I've really liked the books about Sam Vimes. Right now I'm reading about DeWorde (The Truth) and it's pretty good. I didn't really like "Soul Music". (Fortunately I got it used.). But I really have like 8 of his books since I started reading around Christmas.

And I think Lord Vetinari is interesting.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I love, love, love Terry Pratchett. I, too, am a fan of the ones about Vimes, with my favorite so far being Men at Arms. I'm also a big fan of Going Postal and Monstrous Regiment.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Yeah. I read Going Postal and Monsterous Regiment second and third. I had read Thud! first.
Azriel

Post by Azriel »

Gio, my heart is sad that you didn't like Soul Music. We are not kindred spirits.

See also "Reaper Man" and "Hogfather" and maybe "Mort."
Tao

Post by Tao »

Viva la Death!
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

I like anything with DEATH, but Reaper Man was my fav.

Az, can we please be kindred spirits? It could be fun.... (o:

I went to an office lunch today and have a coworker with dark hair with a strip of gray (she dyes it, don't worry!) and I told her she could be Susan Sto Helit and no one got the joke. Oh well.
MagicOPromotion

50686 I t 3 Terry Pratchett

Post by MagicOPromotion »

I just finished "Equal Rites" and it pretty much cements my suspicion that J.K. Rowling should be paying Terry Pratchett royalties or something. P.S. I loved it more than the first two Discworld novels. Does the next book continue the Esk story, or is it something else? I have Carpe Jugulum here but havent started it yet.
Giovanni Schwartz

I didn't bother reading them in order. But since my first post here, I've probably read like eight more of his books. I think the ones with the witches in them are funny, and I still like the ones with Sam.