#50742 On being a liberal

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

vorpal blade

#50742 On being a liberal

Post by vorpal blade »

Dear Dr. Smeed,

I have some questions for you in regard to today’s answer to question #50742. I do hope you answer my questions. For those who might not have your comments handy I’ll give your comment and then ask my question.
Dr. Smeed wrote:I don't think that the writers are overwhelmingly liberal. On the same token, I don't think that any person who uses their brain or heart can consider themselves a hard-core conservative or a dyed-in-the-wool liberal.
I consider myself to be where I should be in the political spectrum, as I suppose most people do. I also consider myself a hard-core conservative. Did you really want to insult readers like me, implying that we don’t use our brains or heart?
Dr. Smeed wrote:I feel that many principles of the Republican Party are incredibly far removed from the teachings of Christ, and even contradict and violate His words, but I'm not going to go out and vote straight ticket Democrat because of it.
Would you please enumerate just what principles of the Republican Party you are referring to, and how they contradict and violate Christ’s words?
Dr. Smeed wrote:'Liberals,' if we're going to paint a whole group with one brush, are more prone to the 'live and let live' lifestyle and not attacking other groups. Of course, that's a generalization but I think a fair one. Liberals are out to change things, not people.
These claims really astound me. What is it that Liberals want to change, if not people, directly or indirectly?
Dr. Smeed wrote:Trust me, though.
Why, because your intentions are good?
Dr. Smeed wrote:Any hate I have towards either side is totally substantiated, and making fun of conservatives is far more fun than making fun of liberals, but I still do both.
Would you please substantiate any hate that you have toward either side? By substantiate I mean give solid evidence, not reckless accusations, of course.
Dr. Smeed wrote:Yes, he [Rush Limbaugh] is a smart man, a beacon of light and truth in a time of uncertainty, very well researched and beyond measure impassioned, but he is divisive! Nobody can deny that he is divisive; he takes pride in it!
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines “divisive” as “creating disunity or dissension.” Rush says that he just states publicly what his audience is already thinking. That's what he takes pride in. But supposing he was divisive, is that necessarily wrong? If the country is headed disastrously in the wrong direction wouldn’t it be better to speak out and create disunity and dissension? Don’t you see that your response in the question was also divisive?
Dr. Smeed wrote:I believe that President Obama (who I did not vote for, I think you should know) was 100% correct when he ‘warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.’
That might be true, but is getting along with Democrats and the new Administration a good thing if that means that no one has a right to criticize what they want to do?
Dr. Smeed wrote:Sure, I agree with 75% of what he [Rush] says, but he does spew hate, don't try to play that off. How many times does he say "liberal media" with that familiar disdain dripping from his jowls? He is conditioning all the dittoheads to distrust all media that isn't him. Did you hear his election day rant? Never have I felt so much evil coming from one voice over the radio. He does spew hate and you're wrong if you deny it.
Could you give some specific examples, given in context, where Rush has spewed hate?

Does saying, “liberal media” constitute spewing hate, in your opinion?

Wouldn’t saying “familiar disdain dripping from his jowls” be spewing hate on your part?

Aren’t you aware that it is not true that Rush distrusts all media that isn’t him? You know, don’t you, that he specifically refers to “mainstream media,” and not all media? You know he respects conservative talk radio and conservative media, don’t you?

What evil came from Rush in regard to his comments on the election?
Dr. Smeed wrote:Just because you read the Board expecting one thing and get something that blows your little mind doesn't mean that it's a vast left-wing conspiracy.
Was saying “little mind” kind, necessary, and true? I don’t think so.
Dr. Smeed wrote:You read one or two things that agree with President Obama's policies or condemn some foolish decisions of President Bush and suddenly we're overwhelmingly liberal!
Are you aware that it was much more than this?
Dr. Smeed wrote:The Board is full of people who think for themselves, and that means not taking a hard stance on one side of the political spectrum or the other.
I believe that President Obama takes a hard stance on the liberal extreme of the political spectrum. Sure, he can talk like a moderate, but his record in office as the President shows how extremely liberal he is. The National Journal voted Obama as the most liberal Senator in 2007 based on his voting record. That’s what I call taking a hard stance. Can we hear you say that President Obama is not a person who thinks for himself? I don’t believe it, but it seems to follow from your comment about what it means to think for yourself.
Dr. Smeed wrote:Before I sign off, let me translate that for you. I'm not saying smoke weed and get an abortion, I'm saying it would be wise for you to look at things more analytically and less passionately.
Can we hear you say that it would be wise for Dr. Smeed to look at things more analytically and less passionately? I think it would be wise of all of us to realize that we might be less analytical and more passionate then we care to admit.

Thanks so much. I’ll be anxiously awaiting your replies.

Dr. Vorpal Blade
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Ooh, ooh, do me next!!
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I like you Vorpal Blade, but I wish I had more time, because there are some things you just said that I would love to tackle. And they weren't even directed at me!

Maybe tomorrow.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

I have a healthy disdain for you Vorpal Blade, but I wish I had more time, because there are some things you just said that I would love to make fun of. And they weren't even directed at me!

Maybe tomorrow.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Cognoscente wrote:Ooh, ooh, do me next!!
Cognoscente wrote:I'm a life-long republican, but to be frank it's hard to say anything nice about the conservative movement right now.
When I was a student at BYU I joined the "Young Democrats" club, one of the few clubs I belonged to. So, it appears I am not a life-long Republican. Like some on the Board, I don't identify myself as a Republican, even today. But good for you, Cognoscente! I'm glad you are a life-long Republican.

I think Hobbes did an excellent job of responding to your other comments. I can't improve upon what he said about what you said.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Fredjikrang wrote:I like you Vorpal Blade, but I wish I had more time, because there are some things you just said that I would love to tackle. And they weren't even directed at me!

Maybe tomorrow.
I like you too, Fred. I'll be around tomorrow. And next week.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

bismark wrote:I have a healthy disdain for you Vorpal Blade, but I wish I had more time, because there are some things you just said that I would love to make fun of. And they weren't even directed at me!

Maybe tomorrow.
Healthy disdain? Wow, pretty strong words. What did I do to deserve that?

I like you anyway, bismark.

I'll be around tomorrow. I'm hoping The Black Sheep will come to my rescue and stick up for me here. After all, she did say:
The Black Sheep wrote:Here's my view on the matter. If other writers are like me, they are a lot more likely to stick up for people and beliefs when they think that the majority of their audience disagrees with them. Our audience is largely conservative. This could mean that fewer of us are quick to defend the conservatives among us than we are to defend the liberals. If you're a grumpy liberal like me, you yell pretty loud because you know fewer people are hearing you. If I were writing at another school, I would be just as loud trying to bring them back closer to center, as I was in arts school as a teenager. I think it is just the way that many people function, and I wouldn't be surprised if that accounts for at least some of the disparity you are talking about.
The majority of the people in this forum tend to disagree with me on politics. Compared to me, they are largely liberal. So, I'm counting on at least The Black Sheep to support me.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

bismark wrote:I have a healthy disdain for you Vorpal Blade, but I wish I had more time, because there are some things you just said that I would love to make fun of. And they weren't even directed at me!

Maybe tomorrow.
Oh, Bisnark. You always make me laugh.
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Vorpal, vorpal, vorpal! Chill out. Alright, this is my opinion that I've held for as long as I've seen your replies feeding in. Vorpal Blade, you are most likely THE MOST right-wing conservative on this message board. Almost anything slightly (or blatantly) against the republican party, you are not only not accepting of others' opinions, but are fiercely battering them like they were some monster from a radioactive lake. Insomuch that, whenever I read the board and read some answer that doesn't 100% agree with the republican party, I say to myself, "Oh boy, I bet vorpal blade will respond to this one," and proceed to scamper over to the Reader Response page. Sure enough, here you are!

I think the writer's response was responding as much to "Are there any conservative people here? Do those who are liberal hate us?" as it was responding to a biased question, assuming that conservatives are unbiased, and that board writers were all liberal and spewed out more hate towards conservative readers than any media personality ever did to republican or democratic parties.

Seriously vorpal blade, go live in San Fransisco or Los Angeles for like, a year, making friends with members and non-members alike, and just see how liberal your friendly board writers are. (Not making trying to harp on California here, but just drawing conclusions from stories told by friendly LA roommates, and the noticeable change in me after living with them. Not all city Californians are liberal, I know that.) Board writers write for free, and give you many answers to questions, or else you would have stopped reading the board and wouldn't be tearing apart Dr. Smeed's response now. Give them some respect.
Dr. Smeed

Post by Dr. Smeed »

Dear Brother Blade,

What, was this your question? Are you "No Longer a Fan>" Well, I don't argue on the internet on principle, but I would like to put you to a challenge. Answer every one of your own questions. You can't fully know your own position if you don't know the other side, that is my point. I'll check back in a few weeks. I have board questions to answer.

Dr. Smeed
Foreman

Re: #50742 On being a liberal

Post by Foreman »

vorpal blade wrote:
Dr. Smeed wrote:I don't think that the writers are overwhelmingly liberal. On the same token, I don't think that any person who uses their brain or heart can consider themselves a hard-core conservative or a dyed-in-the-wool liberal.
I consider myself to be where I should be in the political spectrum, as I suppose most people do. I also consider myself a hard-core conservative. Did you really want to insult readers like me, implying that we don’t use our brains or heart?

Yes. Yes, I'm sure he did.

Please. Stop going off about every single thing. It's not awesome. People (obviously including you) have their opinions, which don't make them stupid or inferior or less of a human being (yes, also including you, despite my exasperation), and everyone (else) realizes that there is not a need to nitpick about it every darn time. If there is something actually important, please voice it. If not, please remember the most important lesson I think anyone can ever learn: "It's not that big a deal."
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Quiet Lamb wrote:Vorpal, vorpal, vorpal! Chill out. Alright, this is my opinion that I've held for as long as I've seen your replies feeding in. Vorpal Blade, you are most likely THE MOST right-wing conservative on this message board. Almost anything slightly (or blatantly) against the republican party, you are not only not accepting of others' opinions, but are fiercely battering them like they were some monster from a radioactive lake. Insomuch that, whenever I read the board and read some answer that doesn't 100% agree with the republican party, I say to myself, "Oh boy, I bet vorpal blade will respond to this one," and proceed to scamper over to the Reader Response page. Sure enough, here you are!

I think the writer's response was responding as much to "Are there any conservative people here? Do those who are liberal hate us?" as it was responding to a biased question, assuming that conservatives are unbiased, and that board writers were all liberal and spewed out more hate towards conservative readers than any media personality ever did to republican or democratic parties.

Seriously vorpal blade, go live in San Fransisco or Los Angeles for like, a year, making friends with members and non-members alike, and just see how liberal your friendly board writers are. (Not making trying to harp on California here, but just drawing conclusions from stories told by friendly LA roommates, and the noticeable change in me after living with them. Not all city Californians are liberal, I know that.) Board writers write for free, and give you many answers to questions, or else you would have stopped reading the board and wouldn't be tearing apart Dr. Smeed's response now. Give them some respect.
At first I thought, that's awesome. Someone actually recognizes my name and looks for my comments! And then I realized that you must have me mistaken for someone else. I don't defend the Republican party. I don't respond to answers out of step with the Republicans. Here is a complete list of the Reader Response topics I've commented on:

This topic
#50725 US Military bases in the Philippines
#50552 Which wife would you have been?
#49414 Passing Stones
#49759 Islamic Conquest
ID#: 50519 How are you?
#50320 Rats as pets
50323 - double degrees
#49874 How many homosexuals are there at BYU?
49892 - Fasting
#49535 Israel
Old question- The Love calculator
#49708 Lesbian roommates
middle-aged
#49504 Movies where the bad guy gets away with it
i before e rule
#49134 - transparent metal
Death Penalty
#49213 - Joseph Smith's children
New Writers
Twilight--Not some awe but full awe
#46795 Sexism
#49193- Katya!
#49023 - gifts to charity
48736 - Ten Commandments
48803 Redheads
killmeplease at gmail dot com
#47600 Proposition 8
47615 - omniscience vs agency
47917 (Portia's retirement)
#47579 Sarah Palin
Dating Siblings
The City of Enoch 47568`
#47370 Gay Marriage
Chance, #47382
#47271: Figure Drawing
#46998 Accountability Questions
#46899 Shiner
The measure of need #46890
Hobbes
#46784: Shiny Bruises
Re: 46857 - ADHD
#45835--Tithing and Income
#45961 Goodbye Optimus Prime!

None of them are of the type you describe. I suppose one could argue that the Sarah Palin topic and the Israel topic are related to Republican values, but if you read carefully you see that I was arguing that Sarah Palin's views had been misrepresented, and the reason we have supported Israel for the last sixty years (over Democratic and Republican administrations) had been misrepresented. Two possible instances in how many possible?

So, I'm sorry, you really don't know me, and there is nothing more to say about your other misunderstandings.
Last edited by vorpal blade on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Foreman wrote:
vorpal blade wrote:

Please. Stop going off about every single thing. It's not awesome. People (obviously including you) have their opinions, which don't make them stupid or inferior or less of a human being (yes, also including you, despite my exasperation), and everyone (else) realizes that there is not a need to nitpick about it every darn time. If there is something actually important, please voice it. If not, please remember the most important lesson I think anyone can ever learn: "It's not that big a deal."
Are you still sore about my teasing you for shaving your legs? It wasn’t that big a deal to me.

So, I’ve made comments on 44 topics out of the 4900 or so questions that have posted since I began writing in this forum. Is less than 1% too many for you? Which of my comments do you deem unimportant, and when did the name change from Reader Response to Important Reader Response? Some might think my comment praising you for your research on passing stones was unimportant, but I thought it would be important to you.

Rhetorical questions; no need to reply.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Dr. Smeed wrote:Dear Brother Blade,

What, was this your question? Are you "No Longer a Fan>" Well, I don't argue on the internet on principle, but I would like to put you to a challenge. Answer every one of your own questions. You can't fully know your own position if you don't know the other side, that is my point. I'll check back in a few weeks. I have board questions to answer.

Dr. Smeed
Dear Brother Dr. Smeed,

No, it wasn't my question. I don't completely agree with the questioner.

I was really hoping that you would answer my questions, because your position seemed untenable. Perhaps that is why you refused to answer my questions. It is impossible to say why you said the things you did, and you can always deny whatever I come up with. However, I can give you what I believe you should have answered. I don’t think it is fair when someone puts words in my mouth, and I wouldn’t do it to you except you challenged me to do it. So, here it is:

V.P. Did you really want to insult readers like me, implying that we don’t use our brains or heart?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: First, I would just like to say “I AM SORRY FOR THIS MESS. WHAT HAVE I WROUGHT!?!?” Next, I was sort of thinking about what Churchill supposedly said, “Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brain.” I just assumed that anyone who doesn’t believe something close to what I believe, which I thought was middle of the road, would have never thought about things, or was uncaring, or both. I thought that my view was so reasonable, how can a reasonable person drastically disagree with me? I see now that I was not thinking objectively. I’m sorry my thoughtless remarks were insulting.

V.P. Would you please enumerate just what principles of the Republican Party you are referring to, and how they contradict and violate Christ’s words?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: The liberal sources I read, and my liberal friends assure me that selfishness and lack of compassion are principles of the Republican Party. Going to Republican sources I see that this is not the case. In fact, what I saw as selfishness and lack of compassion was really the Lord’s plan, that charity must be given voluntarily, and not at the point of a gun with state police powers. I see now that Republican principles foster self-reliance and giving from the heart which ultimately benefits everyone.

V.P. What is it that Liberals want to change, if not people, directly or indirectly?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: Liberals want to change our institutions so that we care for our environment, provide for everyone, see that everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and make sure there is no hunger, poverty, crime, and injustice. No, wait, there is no way of doing that without forcing people to act the way we want them to act, and ultimately to do that we have to change people.

Earlier Dr. Smeed: “Trust me, though.”

V.P. Why, because your intentions are good?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: I was thinking that you should trust me because I’m A Board Writer,I think I’m smarter than you and your “little mind,” I have only the best intentions, and I know better what is good for you than you do yourself. I see now how arrogant that was.

V.P. Would you please substantiate any hate that you have toward either side? By substantiate I mean give solid evidence, not reckless accusations, of course.

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: I never said that I actually have any hate, but if I had some it would be totally substantiated, because I think that is the kind of guy I am.

Earlier Dr. Smeed: “Yes, he {Rush Limbaugh] is a smart man, a beacon of light and truth in a time of uncertainty, very well researched and beyond measure impassioned, but he is divisive! Nobody can deny that he is divisive; he takes pride in it!”

V.P. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines “divisive” as “creating disunity or dissension.” Rush says that he just states publicly what his audience is already thinking. But supposing he was divisive, is that necessarily wrong? If the country is headed disastrously in the wrong direction wouldn’t it be better to speak out and create disunity and dissension? Don’t you see that your response in the question was also divisive?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: Brilliant questions! I got caught up in the feel good, we should just all get along, let’s all work together, kumbaya feeling. But of course, even though we may have the same goals, not all roads will get us there, and someone has to be “divisive” to point out what Rush’s audience already knows; we are going astray. I have been sowing seeds of division by arguing with this reader.

V.P. That might be true, but is getting along with Democrats and the new Administration a good thing if they are all wrong?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: I see the error of my thinking, thanks to your question. Why didn’t I recognize Obama’s blatant attempt to stifle dissent? The idea of “getting along” is a false goal. Obama will never take a Conservative idea and use it. He just wants the opposition to go along with him because he is sure he has the right answers. It is a clever politician trick, to pretend there is open give and take dialog, and sucker the other guys with praise of rising about the partisanship and narrow party-line thinking. And to think I almost fell for it!

Could you give some specific examples, given in context, where Rush has spewed hate?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: Well, actually, that’s just what my liberal friends and sources all say, so I thought it must be right. I’d heard that Rush said that he wanted President Obama to fail, and that sounded sort of hateful, but then I found out that what Rush actually said was that Obama is trying to take us down the road to Socialism, and Rush wanted Obama to fail in that attempt. No, I can’t give you any examples, because Rush doesn’t spew hate, he just talks relentlessly about things his enemies hate to hear.

V.P. Does saying, “liberal media” constitute spewing hate, in your opinion?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: I thought so, but upon reflection I can’t think of why that would be so. I just hate the way he says it, because I love the liberal media.

V.P. Wouldn’t saying “familiar disdain dripping from his jowls” be spewing hate on your part?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: Yep, I deliberately used an unflattering picture to try to make you feel the hate I have for Rush.

V.P. Aren’t you aware that it is not true that Rush distrust all media that isn’t him? You know, don’t you, that he specifically refers to “mainstream media,” and not all media? You know he respects conservative talk radio and conservative media, don’t you?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: Yes, but if felt so good to smear Rush with a broad brush of disdain and ridicule.

V.P. What evil came from Rush in regard to his comments on the election?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: None, but who is going to check up on me?

V.P. Was saying “little mind” kind, necessary, and true? I don’t think so.

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: I have to admit that it was unkind, unnecessary, and probably untrue. Sorry, it was just the elitist in me coming out. He disagreed strongly with me, so I thought his mind must be little. It was an ad hominem attack.

Earlier Dr. Smeed: “You read one or two things that agree with President Obama's policies or condemn some foolish decisions of President Bush and suddenly we're overwhelmingly liberal!”

V.P. Are you aware that it was much more than this?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: Yes, some of the other writers pointed it out. But it made a nice straw man argument that I could easily knock down.

V.P. I believe that President Obama takes a hard stance on the liberal extreme of the political spectrum. Sure, he can talk like a moderate, but his record in office as the President shows how extremely liberal he is. The National Journal voted Obama as the most liberal Senator in 2007 based on his voting record. That’s what I call taking a hard stance. Can we hear you say that President Obama is not a person who thinks for himself? I don’t believe it, but it seems to follow from your comment about what it means to think for yourself.

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: My friends say President Obama is a moderate, but I haven’t checked for myself what his voting record is. Everyone tells me he is popular, so he must be sort of in the center, right? Actually, that doesn’t really make sense, but to admit that Obama takes a hard stance on the left would spoil my neat little theory.

V.P. Can we hear you say that it would be wise for Dr. Smeed to look at things more analytically and less passionately?

Dr. Smeed’s Answer: I certainly got into a mess, didn’t I? I was angry with the questioner and I spoke without thinking analytically. I was worse than the questioner.

So, Dr. Smeed, just remember, “I have to answer your lack of sense of humor. Have you no concept of tongue in cheek?”

Brother Dr. Vorpal Blade
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Why don't you read through what you just wrote Vorpal Blade. What do you see?

Now answer this. How did you make the world better by writing it?

Know what I see? A harsh, rude response in the form of belittling language, driven by a complete lack of respect and a loss of reason driven by a loss of temper. You don't really want an answer. You just want to blow some steam, to let the world know that you think he is wrong and an idiot. Anywhere you could possibly come up with a reason to take offense, you took it and ran with it.

Take a walk, cool down, and think about that for a minute. Before you post anything else.

I was hoping to reply to some of your questions today, but unless you have a cool head about it, there is no point.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

In the name of righting a misconception I'm always worried is going to happen about me because of my pseudonym, I am not an iconoclast. I do not disagree with majorities or institutions just because they are majorities and institutions. I simply happen to be different from most majorities (especially around here, hoo boy!), and I don't do well when people make sweeping generalizations about anyone else, even if I am a part of the group making the generalizations. I apologize if I wasn't as clear as I should have been, but a condition for me yelling loudly at all is that I either disagree with the majority doing most of the talking (whether they are right or left, theistic or atheistic, purple or yellow) or I feel that the majority is really missing out on something important or of value in the dissenting group's argument (whether or not I agree with said argument). This situation regrettably fulfills neither requirement. I especially do not disagree with Fredjikrang.
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

vorpal blade wrote:
Foreman wrote:
vorpal blade wrote: I consider myself to be where I should be in the political spectrum, as I suppose most people do. I also consider myself a hard-core conservative. Did you really want to insult readers like me, implying that we don’t use our brains or heart?

Are you still sore about my teasing you for shaving your legs? It wasn’t that big a deal to me.

So, I’ve made comments on 44 topics out of the 4900 or so questions that have posted since I began writing in this forum. Is less than 1% too many for you? Which of my comments do you deem unimportant, and when did the name change from Reader Response to Important Reader Response? Some might think my comment praising you for your research on passing stones was unimportant, but I thought it would be important to you.

Rhetorical questions; no need to reply.
I didn't intend to answer them anyway, so thanks. I just want to draw your attention to the fact that--far from me being the only one--basically every single response you are getting on this thread and have gotten lately are filled with frustration towards you. Perhaps it is truly because you are the only one in the entire community that is correct, or perhaps it is indicative of something else.

Dogmatic insistence on personal correctness or argument to attrition are not positive or endearing strategies, and everyone else knows it. Perhaps you know it, but are not aware that is what you appear to everyone to be doing. If you wish to continue practicing it, I have no means or desire to stop you; it's your right. I am not angry at you, just slightly tired. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the obvious embarrassment everyone else is experiencing on your behalf.

That said, you are still free to express anything you wish. Just think long and hard first.

Objectively,
Foreman
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Vorpal, my colleagues here are being far too polite, but I guess that's their privilege. You're acting like a star-bellied sneech looking for a fight. If you want to battle with ideologues, go to the Huffington Post or Daily KOS. If you want to pat yourself on the back for being so right (see that, people? that's a play on words, there!), go to Lucianne or freerepublic. If you want to talk to BYU students, stay here. But PLEASE, in any case, quit being such an insufferable prick. It'll do you a world of good.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

The master say, She who is more polite get less hate mail.

I'm only joking, but how's that for not iconoclastic?
uguisrweerd

Post by uguisrweerd »

So you guys are a tight knit brotherhood, like the mafia? You gang up on one dude when he verbally lashes out at an associate? Hardly seems fair. Well, for both parties it doesn't seem fair. But maybe he deserves it. I'm just commenting that your behavior (the writers) appears a little like the mafia. Nothing more.