Summer Reading Lists

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

Summer Reading Lists

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

This is where you can post what you plan to read this summer. Also, it is a response to the "alternate reality books" question.

To the first part: I'm going to read the last of the Pendragon books by DJ MacHale. FANTASTIC reads, if you haven't yet. Then I'll probably read the first 9 again. I especially liked 1, 2, 3, 6, and 9.

To the second part: If you don't mind the whole "Oh my goodness it's sacrilige they killed God", then DEFINITELY read Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials. I really basically love these books. And if you feel like the "sacrilige" will offend you, be mature and realize that this is a work of fiction, and view it as such.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Summer Reading Lists

Post by Katya »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:And if you feel like the "sacrilege" will offend you, be mature and realize that this is a work of fiction, and view it as such.
Or, you know, just don't read it. (I'm perfectly comfortable with someone not being willing to read something, so long as they don't whine to me about what a terrible person I am for reading it. I'm all about respecting boundaries.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I am planning to read lots and lots of things. There's tons of non-fiction, much of it about literature, relationships, feminism, and the over-sexualization of our culture; I'm probably going to re-read The Cat Who books; and I'm doing my best to get through a bunch of Agatha Christi. And also I'll be spending so much time at the library that I'll probably just browse sections and pull out anything that looks interesting.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Preach My Gospel is at the top of my list right now, along with re-reading the Book of Mormon before my availability date. My dad wants me to read The Broken Hearth, so I'll probably get around to that one, and I never got around to HP 6 and 7, but we'll see how things go.
MagicOPromotion

Summer Reading Lists

Post by MagicOPromotion »

I tried reading A Tree Grows In Brooklyn and couldnt get into it. I found it so boring. So im going to choose Childhood Friend for Fiction and Gifted hand for non Fiction.. has anyone read these books yet? If so what do you think?
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky. And that might take all summer.