male engagement rings

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

male engagement rings

Post by Portia »

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=50185

I bought my fiancé an engagement ring, because our relationship was long-distance at the time. I think a good compromise can be to have him wear it on his right hand.

I uphold LJ's rantiness against overpriced rocks that you'll probably just flush down the toilet. I'm proud that mine is simple and inexpensive. I would much rather have him recoup the difference and get me one of the lovely gifts Melyngoch mentions here. :)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

So, I take it you are no longer planning on serving a mission then?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I'm not so sure it was a good thing for him to wear it on his right hand. You know, everyone just ignores the Right...especially in Canada.
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

Aha, but in Europe, it is on the right hand. So came a long inside joke about my CTR ring and being a double agent for the US and France, married to an agent in France.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Quiet Lamb wrote:Aha, but in Europe, it is on the right hand. So came a long inside joke about my CTR ring and being a double agent for the US and France, married to an agent in France.
Good point, Secret Agent Quiet Lamb. Having served a mission in Italy I can bear testimony that Italians will ignore an engagement ring, and even a wedding ring, on either hand.