Lingerie

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Lingerie

Post by NerdGirl »

I always thought half the purpose of lingerie was to make the woman feel attractive. Same with wearing make up. I'm not married, so I don't go around wearing lingerie yet, but when I get dressed up for something, it's partly to look good for other people, but it's at least as important to me that I think I look good.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

As a married woman, I would like to second what NerdGirl said, and agree to what the writers said as well. Men need physical, visual stimulation, and women enjoy feeling like they look attractive. Hence, wearing something sexy helps both people along. But hey, if you want to see guys in stuff like that, um, be my guest.

Actually, I was trying to figure out the werf who wrote the question. I am kinda assuming it is a girl who doesn't think she would look attractive in it? Maybe? Or an ultra-conservative Molly who thinks all that stuff is dirty? Huh.

The thing is, marriage in general and this . . . activity in specific is about making the person you love happy. That's the way service and love work. If you know that your spouse enjoys it, it becomes something you want to do for them, and keeping a running tally of what you did for them vs what you got in return is a sure-fire way to head to a divorce.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Re: Lingerie

Post by Laser Jock »

NerdGirl wrote:I always thought half the purpose of lingerie was to make the woman feel attractive. Same with wearing make up. I'm not married, so I don't go around wearing lingerie yet, but when I get dressed up for something, it's partly to look good for other people, but it's at least as important to me that I think I look good.
Good point, NerdGirl. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe it's just because I do know a number of girls who've expressed discomfort with the idea of lingerie, and I'd forgotten that there are also plenty who feel sexier in it.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Clothes that you think enhance your looks can boost your self-confidence. But not all women feel that lingerie makes them look better. You have to have a certain level of confidence before you are willing to wear certain things. Which comes first, the self-confidence or the clothes?
medievalman

Post by medievalman »

Perhaps I'm missing something, but do some girls find the concept of lingerie more discomforting than that of being naked? 'Cause during that particular activity that married people do I doubt clothes will be involved.

Regardless, coming from a married perspective and in mine and my wife's opinion lingerie just gets in the way anyway.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

medievalman wrote:Perhaps I'm missing something, but do some girls find the concept of lingerie more discomforting than that of being naked? 'Cause during that particular activity that married people do I doubt clothes will be involved.

Regardless, coming from a married perspective and in mine and my wife's opinion lingerie just gets in the way anyway.
I believe that the clothes we wear send messages about what we think about ourselves, what kind of mood we are in, and what kinds of activities we wish to engage in. Sometimes men don't read the small print in the message: subject to restrictions, limitations, availability, commitments, and...I'l let you know. Some women are uncomfortable with the message about themselves as it may be read. Some messages are in such large print that you can't see the small print, and some women are more uncomfortable with such obvious messages.

I'm glad to hear that you and your wife are able to communicate so well that clothes as messages are not needed.