too skinny

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
C is for
um Administrator

too skinny

Post by C is for »

*gently places two boxes of Zest on the floor, shoulder-width apart, and climbs on*

I've had about enough lately of being slim.

Okay, that's not the problem (though it was a nice general statement for others to chime in with agreement or disagreement if they want). The problem is being so obviously underweight that the eye doctor won't let me have any procedures done. More than that, it's everyone, responding to my parents' lighthearted jab that I need the extra pounds, saying, "Have mine."

If I took a pound from each person that said that, I'd be well over my target weight (maybe it'd be a nice change to try and lose weight like everyone else for once).

So, my advice to all and sundry is: don't say that. There's no good way to respond to that. And especially don't say it to someone that's a nice healthy slender. Okay, really, saying it to anyone is not advised.
In return I promise not to offer to take your extra pounds in case it makes you feel bad that you aren't as light as me.

While we're being wishful and handing out advice, let's all just be healthy and not worry about our weight. Then we can be happy.

*coughs and steps off soapboxes*

Thank you and have a good day.

-Camellia Cecily Cynthia Cooper
Cuddlefish

Post by Cuddlefish »

Thank you, C! It's about time someone pointed out that maybe skinny girls are sensitive about their lack of weight, and don't appreciate your pointing it out. We get sick of being force-fed ice cream by our parents and friends, being asked if we're anorexic, and not being able to find bras that fit. We get sick of being turned away from giving blood and getting glares from less-skinny individuals when you tell them no, you don't do a diet, you're naturally this skinny. We get sick of being constantly freezing because we lack the body fat to keep us warm in all these overly airconditioned rooms and airplanes. And we get sick of less skinny people telling us we have nothing to complain about. Seriously, people.
Waldorf and Sauron

Post by Waldorf and Sauron »

y'all don't know what it's like
bein male, middle class, and white!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I often refer to fatty foods as part of my weight-gain plan.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Whistler wrote:I often refer to fatty foods as part of my weight-gain plan.
Me too!
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

You know, I had a roommate who probably felt the same way. He was pretty dern scrawny! :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Portia

Post by Portia »

Guess being a more "average" weight, perhaps less popular among starlets, has its advantages in the lingerie department . . .

But yes, my elementary school friend was this way, and definitely was sick of the comments then. I guess if you're clinically underweight, that would be worth talking to a doctor about.
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

I've heard of people who reply, "Yes, I have cancer" when someone comments on how skinny they are. Makes them shut up and feel awful.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Edmond wrote:I've heard of people who reply, "Yes, I have cancer" when someone comments on how skinny they are. Makes them shut up and feel awful.

You know, I think I'll start using that.
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

Umm, how do I put this? Here is a question I considered asking the Board. Statistically is there a correlation between grades in school (A, B, C, DD) and skinniness, speaking of the lingerie department....
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Edmond wrote:Umm, how do I put this? Here is a question I considered asking the Board. Statistically is there a correlation between grades in school (A, B, C, DD) and skinniness, speaking of the lingerie department....
Is this a convoluted way of asking if a girl's weight is related to her bra size?
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Not always, but usually. Duh, dude. Boobs are mostly fat anyway, that fat has to go somewhere.
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

krebscout wrote:
Edmond wrote:Umm, how do I put this? Here is a question I considered asking the Board. Statistically is there a correlation between grades in school (A, B, C, DD) and skinniness, speaking of the lingerie department....
Is this a convoluted way of asking if a girl's weight is related to her bra size?
No, it asks if there is a correlation between grades and bra size. Are girls who get straight "A"s in school more likely to have an A cup size bra than a D cup size bra? Are girls who have a "D" cup size more likely to get "D"s in school than girls who have an A cup size? Can "skinniness" be related to grades in school?
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

...Really?

There is no correlation at all. There's no correlation between height and political party, either.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Edmond wrote:
krebscout wrote:
No, it asks if there is a correlation between grades and bra size. Are girls who get straight "A"s in school more likely to have an A cup size bra than a D cup size bra? Are girls who have a "D" cup size more likely to get "D"s in school than girls who have an A cup size? Can "skinniness" be related to grades in school?
I'm bigger than a D cup, and I'm an astrophysicist, so there's a data point that contradicts that theory.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

NerdGirl wrote:I'm bigger than a D cup, and I'm an astrophysicist...
HOT!