The Secret Meeting

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Proteus

The Secret Meeting

Post by Proteus »

Oh hi guys,

This being my first post on the message board, I thought I might get oriented as to the readership's locations in meatspace. No, I'm not trying to weed out any possible competitors for future positions on the Board. Where is everybody from?

I'm on campus up at Heritage, being a freshman like it's my job. If you're on campus too, I want to meet you. I've met some decent people hereabouts, but I'm looking to meet more. What better way than a secret board reader meeting? I worked for Nestle over the summer and thus I have about three cases of Butterfinger to lure you out of hiding. What night o' the week would be best for YOU? I'm a big fan of the less-often-utilized hours of the evening (sometimes read morning), so perhaps we could convene around midnight? :D

Let me know if you're interested!

In the event that something has already been planned (I was never good at searching the archives), could someone link me to the scenario? :D

--Proteus the possible party planner
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I'm not in Utah, so I won't convene in any case. But I'm wondering: Do you plan on being one of the regular contributors here, or are you a "strike once (or maybe for a week) and never come back" kinds of people? Also: (Please answer)

Favorite color:
Favorite little-known board question (i.e. Not one in the FAQ or the top 10 favorite-ed)
NaNoWriMo?:
How long have you been reading the board:
Favorite type of candy:
Favorite flavor of cheesecake:
Where are you originally from, before college:
General age (18-20, 21-23, 24-27, 28-30, 30-39, 40-49, older. I'm assuming that since you're a freshman, it's one of the younger ones):
Interesting fact about yourself:
Anything else you may think that we would want to know:

And yes, we (or at least I), do believe in hazing. [ =
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

butterfingers!
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Whistler wrote:butterfingers!
!
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Whistler wrote:butterfingers!
I knew there was a reason I liked you (o:
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote: This is my turf. I'm suspicious of your shapeshifting ways and offering of free candy confections. And I'm sad because I can't come to your party... explain yourself. Mnyah.
Just to assuage your doubts-- The Board is my lifeline here at BYU. I'm sort of disillusioned with campus life here and have latched onto it as one of the few things I actually love (besides my film class with Tom Russel and kissing girls [that second part isn't really exclusive to BYU]).

Major: I was pre-animation, now I'm thinking about switching to advertising because I apparently blow at drawing.
Favorite color: It was green, now it's blue-- I claim this indicates a shift in my explicated personality.
Favorite little-known board question:
NaNoWriMo?: It's in November. Which is now. No, I didn't know about it before, but I do tend to write a lot. I could probably catch up if that's what you're asking.
How long have you been reading the board: Ever since the beginning of the semester, when I came upon it serendipitously.
Favorite type of candy: Reese's
Favorite flavor of cheesecake: Snickers, it's delicious.
Where are you originally from, before college: Chicago is what I call home, though I lived in Georgia the majority of my life.
General age: I'm 19. My parents nearly forgot my birthday this year.
Interesting fact about yourself: I broke my arm on the monkeybars once... how embarrassing.
Anything else you may think that we would want to know: I can do a backflip. I'm hiding clues all over campus. My philosophy is that there's no point in being in a place unless you can leave a legacy there.

I'm off to class for now!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I'm a kit-kat guy myself.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Proteus wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote: This is my turf. I'm suspicious of your shapeshifting ways and offering of free candy confections. And I'm sad because I can't come to your party... explain yourself. Mnyah.
Just to assuage your doubts-- The Board is my lifeline here at BYU. I'm sort of disillusioned with campus life here and have latched onto it as one of the few things I actually love (besides my film class with Tom Russel and kissing girls [that second part isn't really exclusive to BYU]).

Major: I was pre-animation, now I'm thinking about switching to advertising because I apparently blow at drawing.
Favorite color: It was green, now it's blue-- I claim this indicates a shift in my explicated personality.
Favorite little-known board question:
NaNoWriMo?: It's in November. Which is now. No, I didn't know about it before, but I do tend to write a lot. I could probably catch up if that's what you're asking.
How long have you been reading the board: Ever since the beginning of the semester, when I came upon it serendipitously.
Favorite type of candy: Reese's
Favorite flavor of cheesecake: Snickers, it's delicious.
Where are you originally from, before college: Chicago is what I call home, though I lived in Georgia the majority of my life.
General age: I'm 19. My parents nearly forgot my birthday this year.
Interesting fact about yourself: I broke my arm on the monkeybars once... how embarrassing.
Anything else you may think that we would want to know: I can do a backflip. I'm hiding clues all over campus. My philosophy is that there's no point in being in a place unless you can leave a legacy there.

I'm off to class for now!
You skipped a question. But we can Still Love you anyway. Welcome, friend.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Hi! I like butterfingers. But I live far, far away from Provo.
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

You missed a spot.
Yeah, I was having trouble deciding on a question. I'll have to look around the archives a little longer.
I'm a kit-kat guy myself.
I am too :P I just had a really great summer job with B-finger
Tha Youtubes (this is what I did most of the time)
So I can normally get free boxes of the product to pass out when I so desire.

Hey yourself, Nerd Girl!

As for the board writers and their crispety crunchety enthusiasm, you might be jealous if I told you that I left three of the peanut-buttery goods for CK on the Windowsill of Silver Lining in the testing center when he suggested treat-leaving.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Proteus wrote:Windowsill of Silver Lining
Is that what that thing is called? Interesting.

And, you did ask, there are no gatherings planned by readers. Bob usually plans them and she's out of state, which is such a pity.
Maybe next semester?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

I may or may not have just made that term up-- it's how I think of it. Normally it's the last buffer against disappointment, at least if I'm taking my Econ 110 or BoM with Whitchurch exams.

At any rate, I gather that you're saying that gatherings do not occur independent of a girl named bob? Hummmm. Well I hate to call you a negative-Nanti :) (I have an unusual appreciation for puns), but don't you think perhaps a milder, less-exciting interim get-together could be arranged? I imagine I'm not the only person new to the board and such this year and I'd love the chance to see some of the little 100 hour gophers pop their heads out.
"O Heaven, were man
but constant, he were perfect: that one error
fills him with faults; makes him run through all sins
Inconstancy falls off, ere it begins."
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Have yet to interject into this forum, but I"ll do so by answering the proposed questions (seeing as how I have only started posting here very recently.)

Major: English (at UVU. I am in your internets, posting on your forums)
Favorite color: um, seven? None really.
Favorite little-known board question: The one I asked, about which religion board writers would be, were they not LDS. I always find it fascinating, as most LDS people have little to no idea of what other faiths espouse.
NaNoWriMo: nah. I write quite a lot (hence the major), but I don't like tabs to be kept on my writing.
How long have you been reading the board: about 6 months.
Favorite type of candy: pretty much anything chocolate. Having to choose one, I'd say snickers.
Favorite flavor of cheesecake: just plain, with a bit of cherry topping on it. Sorry, I'm not very original when it comes to desserts. Ask me a food question, and I'll have much more of an opinion.
Where are you originally from, before college: OREM! Woot!
General age: I'm 24. That must mean I'm the seasoned voice of reason among all you young folk.
Interesting fact about yourself: I'm half Mexican, half Canadian. Canexican, if you prefer.
Anything else you may think that we would want to know: I'm a marxist. And before you try to tell me differently, I believe it to be the best correlation to my LDS beliefs, despite the iron-fisted attempts of some misguided (at best, evil at worst) despots.
Giovanni Schwartz

Haha, Marduk, I think vorpsy has you beat on this one. How old did he say he was? 60?
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Hey Proteus, I spent nine years of my life in Georgia, too.

And Marduk - Sauron is also from Orem.

We could all be twins! Twins born years apart!

-Waldorf
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

Yo Waldorf, whereabouts in Georgia? I was from Lilburn :) Also, your child is adorable. Just sayin'.

I've successfully compromised about 80% of my anonymity. Fortunately, the 20% left over is enough for what I'm planning...
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Aw thanks. I think he is, too.

I lived in Rome. I moved away in 1995 though.

(and don't worry about it - my identity is all but written in the sky, and nothing bad has ever happened because of it)
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Well, she's been the one who usually has pushed for such get togethers. So yeah, I'm sure we could definitely plan something for the first week of December or so for various readers to get together and chill.
Giovanni Schwartz

Proteus wrote:Yo Waldorf, whereabouts in Georgia? I was from Lilburn :) Also, your child is adorable. Just sayin'.

I've successfully compromised about 80% of my anonymity. Fortunately, the 20% left over is enough for what I'm planning...
I already know your real name. Fail.
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I already know your real name. Fail.
Ahh, but the true fail is that I couldn't care less about yours ;)

Private message it to me and we'll see if you're right. Classmates.com is my worst enemy when it comes to this sort of thing. That and the Nestle press release that's floating around on Forbes and the like. However I rarely ever lose in a googlefight :)
Nanti-Slice wrote:We can probably do something fun sometime.

Totes m'goats :D I'm excited.