The Secret Meeting

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Yeah, I'm 27. Don't worry, we aren't old here, it just feels that way sometimes. Vorpal Blade actually is old.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I might be up for a, like, secret meeting (though the thought of still being awake at midnight, not to mention starting festivities, makes my eyes hurt) if you give me enough warning that I can borrow my sister's car to come down.

You'll know it's me when you see someone wearing a red hat a la Carmen Sandiego.

And I have many favorite "little-known" Board questions (if my favorites page is any guide), but I do tend to be fond of this one: Question #2370. Has that one been posted before?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Well, since I currently work for Papa John's, I could provide free pizza for any sort of secret meeting. Just sayin'.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Marduk wrote:Well, since I currently work for Papa John's, I could provide free pizza for any sort of secret meeting. Just sayin'.
Free pizza and butterfingers? This sounds like a rockin' meeting!
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

No joke. I want some. Is this thing readers only?

Word on the streets is that there is going to be a Board Booth in the Wilk some day soon. This seems like a wonderful place to bring Butterfingers and pizza.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

krebscout wrote:No joke. I want some. Is this thing readers only?
Writers read the Board too, do they not? So I think you're good.
Word on the streets is that there is going to be a Board Booth in the Wilk some day soon. This seems like a wonderful place to bring Butterfingers and pizza.
Are you going to be changing your identities around like the booth you did in 2007? Will we be told the day before or so on the message board so we know when to go?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I assume we'll publicize, yes. I'm not in charge of it, though.

And I think we'll be switching identities, too. But uh...I think I'll be the most identifiable one there. Unless I get someone else to hold my baby.
Giovanni Schwartz

If I was in Utah, I would totally hold your baby for you. But that's beside the point, seeing as I'm not.
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

krebscout wrote:hold my baby.
Gladly :D

Pizza and butterfingers sounds like a party to me. Nice work, Marduk. C is for, I really don't mind starting a little earlier-- I'm just nocturnal personally and I believe that the ambience of night is the closest thing we have to magic in the modern age. I'd imagine everyone would probably find it a little more convenient if we didn't plan it at some absurd time. I'm looking forward to it!
krebscout wrote:Board booth
EXTREME!

Even though I don't really know quite what that entails, I'm looking forward to it too!
Foreman

Post by Foreman »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Writers read the Board too, do they not? So I think you're good.
I (and most other writers I have talked to) actually read the Board much, much less as writers than in former reader times.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Foreman wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Writers read the Board too, do they not? So I think you're good.
I (and most other writers I have talked to) actually read the Board much, much less as writers than in former reader times.
You still have to read the questions to answer them, so that still counts.

Unless you are answering every question randomly and sounding like you read the question. Then that's just awesome.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Didn't you know? All the writers are bots that are programmed to look at key words, then pick answers from a predefined bank. Hence all the links to the archives, so it doesn't sound like they aren't real people.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

My predefined bank is full of curse words and innuendo.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Giovanni Schwartz

Dammit, Cogs! You weren't supposed tot tell them that!
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Free pizza and butterfingers? This sounds like a rockin' meeting!
YES!
or so this werf thinks...
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Where would we have it?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I can't believe you lot, having parties while I am clear down in Florida. *pouts* There had better be partying when I get back!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I can't believe you lot, having parties while I am clear down in Florida. *pouts* There had better be partying when I get back!
There always is.

And did you expect us to not get together while you're in Florida?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Considering the fact that I was usually the one to push for the parties, and that no one aside from myself seemed excited the last couple of times, my answer is yes.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I'm normally the only one who pushes toward this sort of thing!
Oh hey :D
Nanti wrote:Where at?
Great question. Where do these sorts of shenanigans usually end up?