Did anyone else stop by the booth in the WILK?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dead Cat
Completed

Did anyone else stop by the booth in the WILK?

Post by Dead Cat »

I stopped by 3 times, actually. The first was for about 2 minutes before set-up, the second for 5-10 minutes (just after eating at the Cougareat), and the third from a little after 1 until take-down around 2:30-ish. If you were there, you might have seen and/or met me. I was the one with questionable sanity and likely scared many people away. But getting to know so many writers and being dubbed a "superfan" was totally worth it (Freshmen+2.5 years of reading the Board+natural insanity=delusional fan). If you want to attack me, please let me know ahead of time so I may make adaquate preparations.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

I went for not terribly long in the middle. Oh, and I took pictures. But mostly of the babies.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

It was awesome! I pelted random strangers with Smarties, and was only greeted in return with dirty looks. Lighten up, squares!

Well, at least Commander Keen had the decency to simply return fire.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I don't know who all was there, but I certainly noticed a lack of Butterfingers.

Unless you came at the very beginning, Proteus. I was late thanks to a sleepy baby.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I am now grumpy due to missing out. I hope you have another booth after I come back. I can get Bookstore fudge and candy for 30% off, and I would be glad to give presents!
Last edited by bobtheenchantedone on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Well, I totally would've brought free pizza for you folks, but you decided to have it while I was working.... Seriously, THINK before you do this things, "Is this at a convenient time for Marduk?" If the answer is no, I'd suggest a reschedule.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Cognoscente wrote:It was awesome! I pelted random strangers with Smarties, and was only greeted in return with dirty looks. Lighten up, squares!

Also you, and Dr. Smeed, turned me a lovely shade of purple.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Cognoscente wrote:It was awesome! I pelted random strangers with Smarties, and was only greeted in return with dirty looks. Lighten up, squares!

Also you, and Dr. Smeed, turned me a lovely shade of purple.
Aww! To match the forum's new look!

Anyway...*sigh* ... I don't think I'll ever make it to a Board Booth. It'd be fun. But I can just see my parents after I ask them for permission to take the car down to Provo to meet people I know from online. That I've never talked to, really. That wear bags over their heads.

Yeah, that'd go down real well.

(If my mom weren't so busy, and if we weren't sick of driving all the time, she may have even come with me...)
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I was there for a while. At least until my roommate decided I needed to be fed. And then I went back. And I was greeted by a few people who knew me, which can be an odd thing at a booth dedicated to secrecy.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I got to stop in towards the end and talked to The Black Sheep, Whistler and Waldorf for a fair while. It was fun to see board personalities applied in real-life situations! I was honestly a bit surprised that more people weren't stopping...is a solicitation to go to a website really that threatening? Whatever. I also liked a lot of the question choices that they had plastered everywhere. A nice touch.

Maybe we should get a bunch of chocolate covered cinnabears or something next time to draw more people in. Catchy music. Or conversely, maybe we could play irritating music all over the rest of the Wilk, so that people congregate at the booth to avoid it. I guess we have a lot of time to lay out plans before next time.
Proteus

Post by Proteus »

Oh, was the board booth designated as our secret meeting spot? I should have known. I dropped by for about 5 minutes and saw the faces of Cogs and Sauron, baby Claudia and Dragon baby and a few others I did not identify.

I was a little surprised at how few people were stopping at the booth, but then again, most booths don't get that much attention and --with fezzes and a doctor mask-- there is sort of an intimidation factor to the board's :P
"O Heaven, were man
but constant, he were perfect: that one error
fills him with faults; makes him run through all sins
Inconstancy falls off, ere it begins."
Dr. Smeed

Post by Dr. Smeed »

Proteus wrote:
I was a little surprised at how few people were stopping at the booth, but then again, most booths don't get that much attention and --with fezzes and a doctor mask-- there is sort of an intimidation factor to the board's :P
I AM Dr. Smeed, after all. Why wouldn't I be wearing a fez and a doctor mask?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Dr. Smeed wrote:
Proteus wrote:
I AM Dr. Smeed, after all. Why wouldn't I be wearing a fez and a doctor mask?
Then who was dashing chap next to you, who had the name tag of Dr. Smeed on, that was obviously an imposter? You? I don't think so.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Proteus wrote:Oh, was the board booth designated as our secret meeting spot? I should have known. I dropped by for about 5 minutes and saw the faces of Cogs and Sauron, baby Claudia and Dragon baby and a few others I did not identify.

Sauron? You sure? He was only there for a total of about five minutes in passing as he picked up and dropped off our baby. And he wasn't there when I wasn't.
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Did anyone else stop by the booth in the WILK?

Post by C is for »

Is anyone planning to stop by the booth tomorrow? I am! Even though in this very thread I said I would never make it. Ha-ha me.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Awwww, look! I posted months before I became a writer? D'AWWWWWW.

I will be there from 10-12 tomorrow! So don't come from 10-12 if you don't want to see me!
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Whoa. I don't even remember starting this thread--okay, I do a little, but not as much as I should have. I will be there from 10 to whatever--I'm still vacillating on which classes I can afford to miss.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re:

Post by Emiliana »

C is for wrote:
Anyway...*sigh* ... I don't think I'll ever make it to a Board Booth. It'd be fun. But I can just see my parents after I ask them for permission to take the car down to Provo to meet people I know from online. That I've never talked to, really. That wear bags over their heads.

Yeah, that'd go down real well.
I'm with you, C. I mean, not that I have to ask my parents' permission for much these days, but, well, it would be kind of a long trip...
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I love just sitting at the booth and pretending I remotely belong. Read the 100 Hour Board, Yay!
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I was there until 1, then I decided to be responsible and go to class.