The Wheel of Time

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Damasta

The Wheel of Time

Post by Damasta »

Looks like the interested Board Writers haven't finished the book, yet. Yellow suggested we wait two weeks to discuss it. But I decided to move the question here instead of reposting the question in a fortnight. This also means I get to ask the rest of you: How did you feel that Brandon Sanderson did with The Gathering Storm?

Like Whistler's sister, I'm excited about the series again. After ~book 6 things started getting slow. The plot dragged and too much time was spent following secondary characters. But Sanderson did a great job of moving the plot along at the same pace as the first few books in the series. His grasp of the characters was reasonable, in my view, though some complain that Mat's sense of humor changed. And, to my surprise, I'm finally okay with the fact that Egwene was captured by the White Tower at the end of Crossroads of Twilight. Some of her scenes actually gave me chills.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I'm only up to Book 9 or so, so I too will have to wait to discuss.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Yeah, I figured people here might not have read it, yet, either. So I tried to keep my 'review' spoiler-free, but still enthused.