Goodbye Whistler!

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Dead Cat
Completed

Goodbye Whistler!

Post by Dead Cat »

You're awesome, Whistler. I'm sad to see you go.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm super sad about this as well. I'm in the point of the archives where Whistler was just a newbie, and I have loved having her around for all these years (even though I'm a new reader).

We'll miss you!

(Though I'm pleased I was right about Supershrink, and I knew wet blanket was a girl.)
sqrt(-1)

Post by sqrt(-1) »

Dear Whistler,

I'm sad to see you go. For the longest time, I didn't appreciate you. However, recently I've begun to appreciate not just your writing and your answers, but also you as a person. I always look forward to your blog updates, and think the things you share are almost always amusing, and if not amusing, educational and totally interesting. Perhaps my favorite part of your blog is that you share things I didn't know before.

You were one of my favorite writers. In a different world, I think we could have become good "real life" friends.

Yours truly,
Giovanni Schwartz
woe me
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I am also sad to see Whistler leave the Board. She did a good job.

I knew Whistler and the Supershrink were the same (Whistler once confirmed it for me), but I hadn't guessed the connection to wet blanket.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Bye whistler! I loved your answers. And I also never guessed that you were wet blanket. Wet blanket was awesome and will be missed almost as much as you! :D
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'm always sad when I see that a writer is leaving, and today I was extra-sad. I've always liked Whistler.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

aw, thanks guys. It's nice to know I had fans. :-)