Choir Costs

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
C is for
um Administrator

Choir Costs

Post by C is for »

Hi, so.*

My mom had a question that she should've asked the Board, but she needs to have it finalized by Tuesday and she only told me about it yesterday. Sorry for forgetting until now, Mom!

Here's the question:

Does $250 sound a lot more expensive than $240? We're thinking of raising choir tuition just a bit next year and we're wondering if the round number will scare too many people off.

What do you think?

*My writing style has become increasingly conversational. And my conversations have become increasingly like my 17-year-old sister's.
Last edited by C is for on Sat May 29, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Choir Costs

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Eh. I say go for it. Or maybe say "for returning choir members, tuition will be x amount, and for non-returners, it will be y."

But I don't think it sounds like too much more, although it does sound like "some" more.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

I don't think the "round-number-ness" will worry too many people. That's what, a 5% increase? Anyone who's committed enough to cough up $240, will be just as willing to pay $250.

If it worries you, make it $249.99

:)
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I might be odd, but I do prefer round number prices. It makes me feel better about spending. $250 is fewer digits than 249.99, and therefore bothers me less. Although I may just be odd.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I don't think there is a difference between $240 and $250. There is, however, a difference between $199 and $200. I am amazed at how lame it is that we KNOW in our head they are the same, but still feel better about paying $199 for something.