Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Post by Portia »

Ooh! The statute of limitations/extradition story that creeps me out is Roman Polanski. Europhile that I am, I find it wrong and weird that we can't just demand that they ship his sorry @$$ back here so we can prosecute and imprison the Quaalude/rape/"oh I'm an artiste" freak. I don't really understand the legal principle behind extradition treaties. I feel like it's not even a case of "alleged crimes" any more: hasn't he basically confessed?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Sorry Portia, but I coudn't read a story with Roman Polanski in it without confusing the particular "phile" that you used.
Deus ab veritas
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

So there's this guy I've been kind of hanging out with lately and would probably have been interested in dating ... except that he's about four years younger than me. Anyway, the other day I initiated a mini-DTR, in which I told him that I wasn't interested in anything more than friendship, and he responded with, "Hey, that's fine, the four-year age difference is a bit much for me right now." Oddly enough, even though our reasoning was exactly the same, I did feel slightly hurt that he thinks I'm old ... Sometimes I really have to laugh at myself.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

sometimes I feel like everyone is pregnant but me :-( and then I feel bad for feeling bad about it because I live a life of leisure.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Whistler wrote:sometimes I feel like everyone is pregnant but me :-( and then I feel bad for feeling bad about it because I live a life of leisure.
Yeah. My sister's pregnant, the girl I visit teach is pregnant, pregnancy is all around.

I want to give you a virtual hug though for feeling bad about feeling bad. We're in the lives of leisure club!
D.A.R.E.

Post by D.A.R.E. »

I'm not pregnant. Not even a little bit.

Up top!
Tao

Post by Tao »

Up top, Dare isn't pregnant.

I love the English language.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Whistler wrote:sometimes I feel like everyone is pregnant but me :-( and then I feel bad for feeling bad about it because I live a life of leisure.
Everyone has hard things in their life and it's OK to be sad about them sometimes.
Digit

Post by Digit »

So today Mississippi voters are deciding whether a fertilized egg is a person. If passed, it would take effect before the end of this year. One legal analyst in an article I read said they could see interpretations of this law requiring an investigation in the case of a miscarriage (did anything the mother do cause the death of the person inside her?).
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

last night I had a dream where I saw the boy I was mean to in elementary school, and have been meaning to apologize to ever since, and didn't have a chance to talk to him. So today I apologized to a guy from high school that I was kind of creepy to instead. I hope he won't think that's creepy.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

i am going fail at life. I have a third test that I have to take by tomorrow. Thankfully I should have plenty of time and am going to campus anyway, so the fact that I forgot about it until now isn't completely going to kill me.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I have delegation problems. I've spent the past hour or so texting every sister in our Relief Society what their visiting teaching assignment is (well, half of them I said "Your assignment is the same! Here's your new supervisor"). This is the kind of thing my counselors could help with. Yet here I am. I'm almost done! Just needed a break because it's the part where I actually have to think about what I'm saying and not just type in numbers.

Also I have delegation problems because I accepted an assignment for a committee that I'm on, and I really don't want to do it. Delegation problems on both sides!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

*sigh*

Finally got my monster credit card statement in the mail. I don't remember the last time I wrote a check that big.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

did you go on a shopping spree, or just have lots of unavoidable expenses?
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Whistler wrote:did you go on a shopping spree, or just have lots of unavoidable expenses?
Last minute plane tickets.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Wrote a blog about something wrong someone said in my class. Wrote >140 to mean LESS than 140. Well, that was stupid! :P
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Was it, by chance, about Twitter?
Deus ab veritas
mic0

Post by mic0 »

No, actually! They were trying to say something about Chinese, but all their credibility went out the window because they said, "Chinese has less than 140 words."
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

mic0 wrote:No, actually! They were trying to say something about Chinese, but all their credibility went out the window because they said, "Chinese has less than 140 words."
:shock: Does Chinese even have fewer than 140 radicals?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

No, it has at least 200! I think maybe they heard something about how Chinese has fewer sounds, and only a few hundred unique syllables... but... I just... maybe she was tired?