Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Re: Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Post by Dragon Lady »

Katya wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:I about posted my fun fact about Apollo 13, but then I remembered that that would compromise my identity. Definite flaws of anonymous forums.
I'll tell! DL's fact is that her real name is Apollonia Tredici (in honor of Apollo 13).
Katya, it's quite possible that we can never be friends again.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My dad works at the BYU Bookstore, and for a while there the clerks would ask you a quiz question whenever you checked out with them. He liked to quiz them back, and one of the questions he asked was how much memory the first computer to land on the moon had.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Katya wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:I about posted my fun fact about Apollo 13, but then I remembered that that would compromise my identity. Definite flaws of anonymous forums.
I'll tell! DL's fact is that her real name is Apollonia Tredici (in honor of Apollo 13).

Ooh, that's an awesome name! I'm on the lookout for baby names, and that one is definitely going to top the list!

. . . actually, Apollonia with the last name this baby's inheriting would be pretty ironic. I would say more, but that would compromise my identity.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:
Katya wrote:
Katya, it's quite possible that we can never be friends again.
It was worth it, Appy!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

If I ever decide to write for the Board again, I think I found a new nym. :)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Defy V wrote:
Katya wrote:

Ooh, that's an awesome name! I'm on the lookout for baby names, and that one is definitely going to top the list!

. . . actually, Apollonia with the last name this baby's inheriting would be pretty ironic. I would say more, but that would compromise my identity.
Even better if Trideci is her middle name.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Dragon Lady wrote:If I ever decide to write for the Board again, I think I found a new nym. :)
You're welcome!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Defy V wrote:
Katya wrote:

I hope your last name is Ono.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Catastrofe would be another bad last name.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Digit wrote:Catastrofe would be another bad last name.
In general, I'd think.
Digit

Post by Digit »

My wife knew someone in the Philippines whose last name was Bagonggahasa, which, when translated into English, means "new rape." (Bagong=new, Gahasa=rape) Who knows how people get such weird last names.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I'm sitting here in the library's music area, and the soundtrack sounds remarkably like the soundtrack to the temple movie (brunette Eve). It's strange, I'm not even studying anything science related, yet all I can think of is the Creation.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

If anybody wants to watch Let's Make a Deal this upcoming April and they see a girl in the front row waving around a gigantic fish pillow - that's me.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I just watched a little bit of the Star Wars Christmas special on YouTube. Oh man. That song sung by Carrie Fisher is priceless.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Remember how I was back a few days ago? Well, this time I'm back for real with a brand new computer! And let this be a public service announcement to back up your hard drive all the time in case your computer dies. Thankfully I was only a few days behind on my backups and I didn't lose anything.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

krebscout wrote:If anybody wants to watch Let's Make a Deal this upcoming April and they see a girl in the front row waving around a gigantic fish pillow - that's me.
Gasp! The Honor Cod!
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Lol. :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Digit

Post by Digit »

I got a virus and had to wipe my hard drive, and I lost my blood glucose tester only to find it after I had bought another one. But on the good side, I got an extra quarter in change from the vending machine today :)
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Craig Jessop wrote:I'm sitting here in the library's music area, and the soundtrack sounds remarkably like the soundtrack to the temple movie (brunette Eve). It's strange, I'm not even studying anything science related, yet all I can think of is the Creation.
By any chance, was it "Cadillac of the Skies" or Imaginary Air Battle" from the movie Empire of the Sun?
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Digit wrote:My wife knew someone in the Philippines whose last name was Bagonggahasa, which, when translated into English, means "new rape." (Bagong=new, Gahasa=rape) Who knows how people get such weird last names.
Canola used to be called rape, so that's one possible explanation, although I don't know if they grow canola in the Philippines, so that might not work. But there's some little town in Saskatchewan that still has a town sign that says "Land of Rape and Honey" on it.