Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Nine for Random Chatter, doomed to die

Post by Katya »

And then a snow day solved all my problems. :)
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

And I'd give all my tomorrows for a single yesterday, holding Bobbi's body close to me.
Deus ab veritas
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Marduk wrote:And I'd give all my tomorrows for a single yesterday, holding Bobbi's body close to me.
I happened to be listening to Janis Joplin when I read this. High five.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

So, I think I'm gonna get two master's at the same time. I'M CRAZY!!!
beautiful, dirty, rich
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

You are crazy. But I'm thinking about getting a master's in medical education sometime after I finish med school and residency (or possibly during residency), so I think I'm crazy too.

Also, today I realized that I have an extreme phobia of sending emails to the wrong recipient. I think it goes back to the time I accidentally sent an email to my dad calling him a dirty whore. It wasn't that big of a deal because my dad isn't the type to be offended by that, nor is he the type to actually use a computer very often, but it has still made me paranoid. I also try not to send emails calling people dirty whores anymore. The intended recipients were some guys from my high school who were saying some pretty bad things about me on the internet. Also this happened a long time ago, but I just had this epiphany today.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

NerdGirl wrote: I also try not to send emails calling people dirty whores anymore.
Kind of want to nominate this for the Title Bar, but I don't think I'd ever end up choosing it.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I have a fearful dread of sending texts to the wrong people... mostly because it happens on a semi-regular basis. At least I usually send them all to Marduk.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

My phone has decided its speed dial is confused. If I press '4' (to call my sister), it calls my mom instead. At least the first time I try. I've had some interesting and short conversations thanks to this new development.
Architect

Post by Architect »

Sometimes, when I enter a number beginning with 8, my phone replaces the whole thing with the number of my speed dial '8'. This even happened once when I tried to save someone's number.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Not so much fear, but I feel the slightest twinge of nervousness whenever I see an infant or small child in a kitchen while the stove or oven is really hot.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

By the way, guys, if any of you went to the latest DC show, that was our kitten in the movie. Actually Black Sheep's kitten who she has yet to pick up.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Niece Cat has been wearing a t-shirt that says "Big Sister." Guess what's going to happen this next June?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Aaaand this morning I found my first gray hair. Happy Thanksgiving, indeed. :?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Katya wrote:Aaaand this morning I found my first gray hair. Happy Thanksgiving, indeed. :?
Glad I don't have any of those.
Deus ab veritas
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I found my first grey hair in elementary school. Probably a function of my hair having a mix of all hair colors. Yellow still finds it funny when he finds one.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I found my first grey hair around this time of year when I was 21. I have found a few since then.

Also, Marduk totally has grey hairs, but denies it STRENUOUSLY whenever I find one.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Screenshots or it didn't happen.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Arrrrrgggg I'm trying to edit ALL OF THE LISTINGS in my etsy shop (currently there are 189) to reflect our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. I have seven pages left and I don't want to!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

And speaking of my sale, it'll be going on through Monday, and y'all should check it out.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I finished making a problem solving video on inverse functions from my old calculus textbook here and then deleted all the png files and GIMP xcf files I used to create the images and even emptied my recycle bin before remembering that I hadn't yet made the accompanying written solution pdf that I usually do. Usually, the pdf is very similar to the words I used in the corresponding video with most of the same exact images, but since recreating the images felt too tedious, I just ended up making the written solution of CalculusSect1.6Prob22 less identical to the video solution, giving different bits of information that weren't in the video solution along the way. I'm thinking it turned out better, making it less boring for anyone trying to watch the video and read my written solution.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.