Callings

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Defy V

Re: Callings

Post by Defy V »

Portia wrote:I had a 1510 (old SAT) and 34 on that sucker, and I didn't get invited! Were Salt Lakers out too?
When I went, there were kids from Salt Lake and Provo in my group. When in the year did you get those scores on the ACT and SAT? I know people who didn't take the ACT in time to get invited, or their score wasn't high enough when invitations were sent out.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Portia wrote:I had a 1510 (old SAT) and 34 on that sucker, and I didn't get invited! Were Salt Lakers out too?
Well, I was from southern salt lake valley and got invited and went to Y-weekend 2005. I had a 34 on the ACT taken Fall (? I think, might be more winter/spring-ish) of my Junior year, and sent my scores to BYU. So the Salt Lake area wasn't counted out.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I also went in 2003 or 2004. Don't remember exactly.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

wait, I was under the impression that ACT/SAT didn't have anything to do with y-weekend, but rather, how much they thought you needed convincing to go to BYU...
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Whistler wrote:wait, I was under the impression that ACT/SAT didn't have anything to do with y-weekend, but rather, how much they thought you needed convincing to go to BYU...
They told us you needed a 30 or higher. I think it was 30. And I didn't need much convincing.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I didn't get invited. And I was above 30.
Deus ab veritas
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Marduk wrote:I didn't get invited. And I was above 30.
When did you get your score above a 30, and did you send your score to BYU? My younger sister ultimately ended up with an ACT high enough, but because she didn't at the time they were sending out invitations, she didn't get invited.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Read a little back in this thread. It may have been a short-lived program, it seemed to have certain GPA and ACT requirements, and you had to have expressed interest in going to the school. Maybe there were other specifications. Maybe they didn't want a half-Mexican, half-Canadian diversifying up their program?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Was just adding another data point. Also, 2003, and yes, BYU did have my score.
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:Was just adding another data point. Also, 2003, and yes, BYU did have my score.
Sheesh. That was the year I graduated from college. That's why I'm 100,000 years old.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I keep telling you, you're 100000 years old, not 100,000.
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:I keep telling you, you're 100000 years old, not 100,000.
Whatever. It's still oooold.