The "soul mates" quote, out of context

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Dragon Lady

Re: The "soul mates" quote, out of context

Post by Dragon Lady »

Katya wrote:
Ramoplot wrote:Here's another thing to consider, though: what happens in the situation where you find out about some personality quirk that you think is horribly annoying when you're either married already or seriously close to doing so? Do you back out because of that?
You get to know them well enough before you get engaged that you're confident that you are generally compatible. (And yes, there are some things that would be deal breakers if you found out about them, at any stage, but I wouldn't call those more serious flaws mere "personality quirks.")
I guess I'm talking about those attributes that makes you never want to be around the person, let alone start seriously dating them.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Dragon Lady wrote:While I mostly agree with you, Marduk, I have to still kind of side with Katya on this. It's one thing to learn to like someone else's interests, it's quite another to figure out how to adjust to someone else's personality quirks. Especially ones that are very different from your own. I mean, imagine a Vorpalette Blade. Could you marry her and find happiness? ;) (Or Vorpal, could you find happiness with a Mardukess?)
How can you even think that, Dragon Lady, knowing how often Marduk has professed his love for me. ;) :( :o :? :P :lol:
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Vorpal, are you trying to seduce me?
Deus ab veritas
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Nah, I'm not trying to seduce you. If I were trying to seduce you I'd probably use food. You know, something like a capitalist pig skinned with a sickle and tenderized with a hammer. Skewered on its own petard, slow roasted over revolutionary flames, and served with a copy of Marx's Manifesto stuffed in its mouth.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

You don't have to try so hard. You had me at capitalist pig.

P.S. The capitalist ones are always so much fatter and juicer. They seem to be much better fed.
Deus ab veritas
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

vorpal blade wrote:Nah, I'm not trying to seduce you. If I were trying to seduce you I'd probably use food. You know, something like a capitalist pig skinned with a sickle and tenderized with a hammer. Skewered on its own petard, slow roasted over revolutionary flames, and served with a copy of Marx's Manifesto stuffed in its mouth.
this made me giggle