61906?

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: 61906?

Post by Emiliana »

Katya wrote:
melbabi wrote:And according to the LDS religion I have made 'mistakes' that honestly, I don't feel bad about right now.
Did you all miss this part? It's one thing to return to a community to set right what you feel was a mistake. It's another thing to return to a community that believes you made a mistake, when you don't agree.
Um ... yes, apparently I did, at least. Apologies, Melbabi. Regardless, I hope that some way or another you can find peace with yourself and with God.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Craig Jessop wrote:That's how I read it too, and I totally understand. There are some things that, bless their hearts, my everfaithful home teachers just wouldn't understand.
This would be a PERFECT place to start confessing. We'll understand (o;
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

That is indeed what I meant.

And, come to think of it, you and Bob know most of what I was specifically referring to in that comment, and you're both LDS, so, I was still wrong.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Also, I don't mean to say that LDS people can't be incredibly and surprisingly supportive and wonderful about these types of situations. They can be. Some of them continue to shock me in very positive ways.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

TheBlackSheep wrote:Also, I don't mean to say that LDS people can't be incredibly and surprisingly supportive and wonderful about these types of situations. They can be. Some of them continue to shock me in very positive ways.
Awwww. Whether or not this was intended for me, I'm taking it as a personal compliment. And I <3 you too.
Deus ab veritas
Seb

Post by Seb »

I'm aware this thread is older, but need to get out just a few of the many thoughts I have on this subject.

I don't want to be married to someone who doesn't know the whole me.
I don't want to be married to someone I'm not comfortable telling everything to. Especially if my reason is fear of judgment.

Whether y'all believe me or not, I could never judge someone if they came to me and shared something very difficult to share, especially if they had moved on with their life and repaired the sin/issue/problem/whatever. If they hadn't forsaken a legitimate sin, I still wouldn't judge them but perhaps could not necessarily marry them.

I have lots and lots of thoughts on this but I think I'll stop there.

Edit: I agree with Mico's answer in the original question. I agree with MSJ's "nonspecific" idea for the most part. I completely disagree with Brother Bott on this one. I adore him, but he sometimes teaches gross inaccuracies with far too much confidence. You know what, screw the implication that this is just a personal belief...as someone whose major/studies frequently deal with these kind of questions, I must firmly state that he is very wrong.